Y&R April Discussion

• Members

I guess I can't see how this is different from the million other stories where women are whored out to men on this show. But if I wasn't so horrified by Genie Francis I might be able to see it in a more unbiased way, so that's on me.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not just you. I actually like Genie Francis never thought she was any great talent but she had a certain spark and warmth on screen. Even in her recent visits to GH as bad as the writing, she still had something. Now I just can't see it. The character's awful but I think so much has to so with Y&R these days as the show is so ice cold and empty. It amazes to me that I actually warmed up to Avery because most of the new characters on this show are cringeworthy. I do think she has far better chemistry with Braden than anyone else she's been tied to but I'm not sure in the long run that matters.

• Members

Tucker with those dark glasses in Crimson playing secret spy with Sophia was too funny. Nice to see Reed again, that boy is too cute. Victoria saying she can't stay mad at Victor? What BS! She needs to hold a grudge for awhile this time around.

• Members

Good grief. Neil continues to be the biggest d-bag on this show. Sophia does what every male business character does (Victor, Jack, Tucker, Adam, Nick, Neil, Cane, Billy, etc.) and Neil gets his feeling hurts because of a business deal and treats her like dirt. Sophia deserves better.

• Members

The latter- the 3rd has to be the son of the Junior. Each boy can only be a namesake of their father. The father may choose to name the son after his grandfather, sure, but he wouldn't be a Jr. or the 3rd unless the baby's grandfather's name is the same as his father's.

Finally, my screen name on this site comes into play with a post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

And that "child" was smoking pot and contemplating sex with JT before her cousin Abby, who's in her late 20s, was even born.

So shrieking and getting the heebie geebies when she sees Daisy of the Corn is a storyline? Daisy is no more frightening than any of the females in the old "Barbie World" video

Easy. They'll just have Victor's instincts about a character turn out to be 100% right for the gazillionth time. And, hopefully, we'll get Thad back as my much-missed JT.

She's about as strong as cooked spaghetti. The character just does not fit in to the Y&R canvas at all, but I'll give her a pass because for some reason, she generates story for my Jill.

• Members

I wouldn't wish the Victor/Jack/Nikki quad on Jill, though flaunting Beauty of Nature in front of all those desperate characters faces would have been much more interesting and fun had it been Jill doing it.

Jess Walton can act circles around Francis. Actually, the irony of that statement just now hit me, as the Lead Actress Emmy in 1997 that was universally expected to go to Genie ended up in Walton's hands for her terrific work in the "Who Shot Victor?" storyline.

• Members

The only thing Gen generates is lethargy and disinterest on the part of the viewers. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, she does or says carries any impact whatsoever. Y&R could recast her tomorrow w/ the mop they used for GF's stand-in at GH and it'd make absolutely no difference in the story.

• Members

Wouldn't it be hysterical if MAB thought she was Madeline, though?

MAB (at Y&R Christmas party): Your scenes from last Thursday were incredible, Yvonne! I always KNEW there was a reason why I liked you the most on "The Nanny"!

YZ: But...I wasn't on "The Nanny".

MAB: You weren't? Oops. Uh...well...uh...some party, huh?

Followed, of course, by MAB's quick getaway.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I SO vote for this. Think of how much more entertaining Y&R would be if Eric Braeden was having love scenes with a mop. Jill dresses up like a geisha to get pictures of Victor with the Mop. Nikki chugs down a bottle of Vodka after realizing Victor has left her for a mop. The mop has meetings with each character who wants BON as they beg the Mop to sign it over to them. But before it gets the chance, Colin comes back and kidnaps the mop.

They should totally go there!

Archived