Y&R April Discussion

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like Debbi Morgan is like Genie Francis playing a character that is flat and just doesn't work. On the flip side I do know Debbi is a far better actress than Genie.

I'm actually interested in whats going to happen with Michael, Lauren, and Avery.CBL has been such a bit player these past few years, I'm not minding them mixing up that pairing and last time we saw Lauren she's on

her way to some sort of breakdown. I do kind of wonder if something is going to permanently happen to Daniel.

• Members

FINALLY. Those shots of Nick, in particular, and Sharon (where she looks like a space cadet - no comment), have got to go. Something like half the contact players aren't even in the credits. Thank goodness for the mid-show bumpers.

I'm so glad I time delayed Y&R so I could skip the Winters crap. However, the Nikki/Victor scenes were worth it. They've done a better job of capturing the complexity of the relationship this time around. The show's best moment was Phyllis giving Ricabella the double eye looks. MS nailed his BS without words. So perfect. I don't see him being long for the show. There is really nothing likable about his character or his acting. He makes YZ look like JW.

• Members

I think Ricky will stay around mostly because they have to unload their old Adam stories on someone. I'm consistently amazed at just how miscast he is - talentless, looking 40, and no charisma. Anyway, I guess that's what pays on Y&R today.

Given MAB's complete lack of taste, we may end up having an opening where the men have Flock of Seagulls hair, staring angstily into the distance, as the women are dressed in sorrowful pashminas, holding up Dali.

• Members

I remember the casting call for Ricky

Y&R is looking for someone to play the contract role of "Ricky", who is described as a gorgeous, sexy, Latino model in his early 20s. The role would start taping around 8/5 and the casting sheet asks for "models who want to act" as well as foreign actors.

Yeah terrible casting call but this actors reflects non of that anyway.

UGH DM'S SINGING!

Archived