B&B: Celebrating 25 years of dropped stories and characters

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just from what I caught of Nick saying at the end, I think I vaguely remember something about Mass and Steph teaming up to break up Nick and Brooke (Steph hoping Brooke would then be purged from the Forrester family). Wasn't Mass behind a nude billboard of Brooke or something, hoping it would be a final straw for Nick (who obviously couldn't handle his woman having any kind of business acumen...sort of) because she also wouldn't fire Ridgeypoo (who'd been thrown down into the dungeon/Thorne's office)?

I honestly can't even remember Mick Cain interacting with either Jen Finnigan or Ash Jones. What I remember is Agnes Bruckner's Budge running away for some reason, and being found by CJ down in the ghetto or something. It was so sweet. Had not the show spent years rehashing Thorne & Macy fifty ways from Sunday, CJ and Budge could have been that bridge between the families.

I'm sure if Mick Cain had been 6'2'' and chiseled like Adonis, he would have at least gotten a shot at the Forrester Princess.

• Members

Since people mentioned the classic opening, I'll consider that "something dropped" - LOL. I still love that shot of HT near the end with the word "Beautiful" - what a goddess! I'm willing bet when the photographers saw that shot, they were like "wow." On the other hand, I still resented the fact that SF wasn't given the last shot after a few years - she earned it more than Cook. (At least rotate.)

• Members

After C.J. had reappeared during the summer of 2002, Mick Cain and Jennifer Finnigan's Bridget shared a lot scenes when Bridget worked at "Insomnia" and lived next to (or even in? I don't remember) C.J.'s apartment. There was even some kind of love triangle with C.J. and his half-brother Mark fighting for Bridget's affection. However, that story was quickly dropped at the end of 2002 in favor of that icky Bridget/Ridge pairing. C.J. remained on contract until July 2003 without any storyline. Then he was dropped to recurring and disappeared without explanation, like he had done in early 2001. C.J. was basically replaced by Oscar Marone (Brian Gaskill) who only lasted a year.

That sounds like a different storyline from 1997 when Maggie and Lauren teamed up to make Sheila, who had just married James and cared for their daughter Margret (later called Erica), go crazy. They installed video cameras and other gadgets in the Warwick home and terrorized Sheila.

• Members
Sheila did alter them.

2 reasons. Brooke was in love with Nick who was married to him. In order to prove that she didn't have feelings for him and wouldn't cheat, she married Eric and two tried to convince everyone they were in love. The second reason was to spite Stephanie whom both were mad at for faking her heart attack to get Ridge to stay with Taylor and drop Brooke.

No it hasn't

• Members

I don't think they've ever dealt with where that letter came from. I think we were led to believe Sheila was behind it, but how she would have known there was anything "there" that suggested Eric was really Budge's (when it was all a bunch of rewritten hooey) was never explained.

• Members

I thought they worked in the beginning. I liked Massimo, Nick and Jackie. I think the family unit really lost its way when they lost Mascolo. Nick lost viability when they ended he and Brooke and well I always saw Jackie as just an extension of him

• Members

For me Nick only worked when he was with Felicia early on. I just never cared about anything he had with Brooke, Bridget, or Taylor.

Massimo never really worked for me because of the extensive and pointless rewrites to Ridge's paternity.

Archived