B&B: Celebrating 25 years of dropped stories and characters

• Members

I liked CJ/Amber. That was the only Amber pairing I sort of enjoyed. Too bad they keep sticking her with Rick, which has been a bore since somewhere around 2000.

I can't even remember why they brought Clarke back in more recent years. I remember that 1996 story where he had to save CJ from loan sharks. Then he was dropped again.

I always got the feeling Brad Bell was ashamed of the Spectras.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always found it funny how at least once a year, Sally would be down in the dumps about how she's not making a big profit and that maybe it's finally time to throw in the towel. And then Clarke would be trot out to uplift her spirits and by the end of the episode Sally would be all fired up & ready to go, which would most likely start off her next scheme storyline.

• Members

I forgot Dax Griffin was on this show (he never has looked his best since his hot SuBe days). Wasn't he dating Donna Duck?

I don't remember Ben Hogestyn either. I guess that must have been another pointless Bridget love interest.

• Members

No, they were both more involved in story with Phoebe. I think Dax' character (Shane McGrath) had witnessed Taylor mowing down Darla or something like that. Ben's character came on with some kind of connection to Nick if I'm not completely wrong. There was some speculation that he would end up being Nick's son, but nothing came of it, and he vanished without a trace.

• Members

He was just dropped to recurring last month

Anyways, last year alone could fill up alot of entries in this thread:

Amber showing interest in Thorne with Brooke and Taylor vowing to do what they can to keep her from getting her hooks into him

Thorne and Taylor's romance and his quest to take control of Forrester. Along with that, Thomas and Steffy teaming up to go up against Ridge as collectively they have the shares to sieze the power

Rick and Amber's potential business venture. She as designer and he has her business backer. He had her as his secret for all of 2 days before that came out and since then nothing really came out of it

Dayzee/Amber/Marcus triangle. Amber wanted to start a family with Marcus and Rosie and wanted to get Dayzee out of the picture

Bill buying Jackie M and using it as a means for revenge against Ridge

Ridge vs Whip. We had Whip standing up to him and it seemed as if they were building up as a true rival to Ridge but after he leaked the photos of Brooke/Thomas, that was the end of his revenge and wanting to go after Ridge. They then continue to write Taylor back in Ridge's sphere with Whip mostly on the backburner, no longer a threat to Ridge or trying to take him down.

• Members

Well, Michael disappeared without a trace as well. Her, Claudia and Enrique all last appeared in late May/early June 1997, shortly after the "Who shot Grant?" story had wrapped up. Neither of them was ever mentioned again.

Maeve Quinlan (Megan) had been recurring for almost 6 years before she was offered a contract in December 2001. If I remember correctly, she was supposed to become a love interest for Thorne but that never materialized. Instead, she stayed on contract until spring 2004 without ever having a major storyline. Then Quinlan was bumped to recurring again and was slowly phased out. In early 2006, she returned for a brief guest stint and was revealed to be secretly working for Massimo with whom she had an affair. But that didn't last long and Megan was written off the show for good.

Tamara Davies (Tricia Quick), Michael Dietz (Mark Maclaine) and Luigi Amodeo (Lorenzo Barelli) were hyped as the new "bold and beautiful" faces at the end of 2002. All three were featured in frontburner storylines for about two or three months and were then bumped to recurring in March 2003. While Davies and Amodeo were written off the show immediately with proper exits, Dietz recurred through the first half of 2005. Mark last appeared after the truth about Stephanie's fake heart attack had come to light.

• Members

I never knew whether they even called that a rape. I never get this type of writing. And this was the second time he had done this with a woman - the other itme Bill Bell just said oh, Caroline must have known.

Archived