B&B: Celebrating 25 years of dropped stories and characters

• Members

I'm still waiting to find out who wrote that letter that Ridge found that led to the mix-up being revealed. I can't believe they dropped that since it was such a huge story, leading to Brooke's nervous breakdown and disappearance. Ridge found her in Barbados running around in her underwear and playing with dolls, while Stephanie, who by this time was being poisoned with mercury by Sheila, talked Eric into taking sole custody of Rick and Bridget.

It was a huge story that went on for months, yet that vital bit of information regarding the letter was never revealed!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that was Morgan who was in the shark story. Morgan then stole one twin and dyed her hair red.

Sheila's stories seemed to be all over the place, although I enjoyed them up until she went nuts again over Stephanie/James.

Was there ever a point to her 2004 return with a gun-toting Robin Mattson? Were they sisters, or lovers? I can't remember.

Did she kill Dr. Jay Garvin or did he fall accidentally?

Remember how they aged her daughter Erica so fast only to have her show up for less than a year, never to be mentioned again?

Mike also just seemed to disappear - I can't remember the last time we saw him (was he in that 2002 return?).

Huntress, Cheap21, thank you for all the photos. I had totally forgotten this Lorenzo. Who is that?? I had forgotten who Sofia, who was Antonio's ex (I can't remember if she gave him HIV or not), was on contract. I liked her.

I had also forgotten about Claudia and brother. I think her poor family, trapped into servitude, vanished without a trace. That was probably the first of the hot-potato "issue" stories of Brad's. I think he just listened to the first line of this song and then gave up.

• Members

Lorenzo was Macy's fiancee, whom she met and was with during her time "dead". They were living in Italy together and he stayed on the show for a couple of months (maybe shorter) as they were working on putting her back with Thorne

• Members

I guess I should also mention Michael, who wasn't dropped, but who never had a storyline, aside from supporting people, that I can recall. They just wasted Lindsay Price - clearly they saw her talent, as they kept her on longer than many dropped names at that time, but she went nowhere (she mostly flirted with Dylan and Grant). I guess Lindsay has little to complain about though.

Remember that assistant of Brooke's, Megan? At one time weren't there rumors about how she was going to become a name on the show herself? Didn't they tease her with Ridge or Eric? I think the actress may have known someone behind the scenes. She was always sort of almost getting something to do, and then she left.

• Members

Thats too bad bc that year was one of the best written Macy. She was written as strong and fierce and a true rival to Brooke. After years of the same drivel with Taylor and Stephanie, it was quite refreshing seeing another woman stand up to Brooke and be an actual threat. It was so good bc they werent fighting over a man. Her romance with Deacon was quite unexpected but did wonders for both characters as they worked well together. Its a shame she was killed off again with a year bc I liked where they were going with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxFiVoLPcY

"The Brooke Logan show is over. I'M the star and you're just gonna have to get used to it" I LOVED that line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkPG6axxZCw

Macy was SUCH a bitch but you couldnt help but root for her and BE embraced the new change in her character. 2003 for Macy was made of so much win. I cant express how awesome she and her stories were

More Macy v Brooke: fighting over Spectra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-VkqQx69s&feature=related

• Members

Thanks for finding those. I love the promos. This sort of reminds me of what AMC tried to do with Dixie in 2006, and failed at.

Macy was one of my favorite characters and she was treated so cavalierly. I guess at least Bobbie got to have some fun in her last run.

• Members

No problem. Here's some more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHwhOt3zA8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLHhcflKKc&feature=related

Its a shame seeing Deacon so wasted on Y&R bc he used to be so much more interesting on B&B , especially paired with Macy. I thought it was genius that Bell didnt stick with the obvious route with keeping her with Thorne but instead putting her with Deacon

• Members

I guess he must have gotten scared about veering so far off the beaten path (as he clearly did with Brooke/Thorne). It's too bad. I don't even think there's a point in bringing Deacon back now, unless they try to say he's why Hope is damaged.

• Members

It's really not funny how many of those characters I don't remember. The fail rate on this show is ridiculous.

Remember how many times Clarke and/or CJ were coming back for "big" stories? I don't know how many times I got my hope up, only to have it amount to five episodes or fizzle after a month. I've always thought Bridget's soulmate would be CJ.

Archived