Y&R March Discussion

• Members

Jane, just about every week certain posters trash Y&R in the ratings threads and predict and/or hope for a 2014 cancellation (which is when its contract is up for renewal). Here's an entire thread that was once devoted to this subject:

http://boards.soapop...__fromsearch__1

I can certainly understand why Y&R is expected to be of a higher quality than its competitors (given that it was considered the gold standard for many years), but I believe that the criticism that some have given this show is really over-the-top. I didn't watched Y&R during its heyday, but it still is better than B&B, DOOL, and GH, as well as AMC, ATWT, GL, and OLTL right before they were cancelled.

Honestly, I never had any interest in this soap before all reading all the negative comments. I tuned in out of curiousity, and discovered it was actually pretty good (at least when compared to the quality of the other soaps over the past five years).

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frequentsoapfan, I totally agree with your assessment about Cartini's OLTL. There were times when it was really good, but mediocrity and boredom would soon follow. I also felt that OLTL's most talented actors were usually backburnered. At least with MAB's Y&R, talented vets like EB, PB, MTS, and SC still seem to be central to the show.

• Members

Y&R has destroyed Victor and Sharon (not much left to destroy of Jack). It's nice to write for veterans but actually doing a good job of it would be better. I don't think anyone at Y&R actually cares about Sharon - only her lady parts.

Archived