Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bobby Brown found out about Whitney and then proceeded to hold a concert that night. Uhm, excuse me? That offends me, and I'm not even a member of the family. He should have gotten his ass there a hell of a lot sooner than he did. Planes, trains, cars, etc. all available to him - inexcusable.

I hope he is there for his daughter now, and I hope he leaves Whitney's poor mother alone. He's the last thing she needs right now.

• Members

I don't like Bobby Brown but until he screws up some more publically (and goes all Joe Jackson) in the aftermath I'm giving him some room here. He was already in another city, we don't know his relationship with his daughter - maybe the kid is closer to her mother and her mothers family. There's issues with booking a flight, and then there's your state of mind at a time like that.

• Members

Being realistic, if he had taken a bus or car it probably would have taken him several days to get from Tenn. to Cali. There's a lot of reason to have issues with Bobby Brown, but I don't consider his time table in getting to his daughter one of them. He was in California within 24 hours of the news.

• Members

He took well over 24 hours, from what I heard, which is inexcusable. If there wasn't a flight from Tenn. to Cali within a reasonable window of time, he should have rented a car and driven to an airport where there was one.

And even if he wasn't planning on going right away - performing that night was in poor taste.

• Members

You do realize that taking a train or bus would have taken much, much longer than it actually did take for him to get there, right?

WOW, so we're deciding how a person who we don't know should grieve over a person he had a long-term relationship with for nearly 20 years? Wow. I can't even.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

When my mother died, I didn't hop right on a train to get home. I had to get myself the hell together. Granted, I didn't have a show to do and I was home that evening. As Carl alluded to, these things can be sticky and there are at times unforgiving contractual obligations. Don't get me wrong, he probably could have gotten out of it, but right or wrong in hindsight, you just don't know where somebody's mind is in a devastating moment like that. He knew Bobbi had Cissy and other relatives and he was there soon enough. We all know the man isn't wrapped too tight, so I think he's handled himself pretty well. And let's not forget, Bobbi ain't flossin' like he used to, he can't just snap his fingers and charter a private jet. He had to fly commercial and you get what you can get when you can get it.

• Members

Love this Euro-trash take on How Will I Know:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AFHIvphBKG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course, part of the song was also used in this Euro-trashterpiece:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yos4iNlTs4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Some people on here swear they know how what someone should have done in this situation :rolleyes: Bobby Brown doesn't have a private jet so I'm pretty sure he knew it would take some time and maybe dedicate his performance to Whitney. And like someone else said you don't know maybe he needed to get himself together so that he could be Bobbi Kristina's rock. I think some of you are letting your feelings about Bobby Brown prior to this cloud your judgement. You're acting like he was thinking "screw my daughter this performance is more important" doubt that he was.