Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Members

Timberlake does pass off smugness as talent - like all the hoopla where he expected to get an Oscar nomination and wasn't too thrilled when he didn't. Not to mention how he left Janet high and dry after the Super Bowl fiasco.

Christina just seems like she's passing a kidney stone.

It's a shame that 80's is often remembered for bad hair and clothes or for the talking head "comedians" on VH1 with the frozen smirks and badly scripted one-liners. The artists of that era just knew how to put on a show and there was a certain style you don't get now. Look at all the HIgh School Musical people - you can't tell them apart from any random Disney Channel name from the last 20 years.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I posted Madonna's Rockumentary in her thread, here is Whitney's.

Back when MTV had music-related content:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AwzAP_U5oXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X6Tjnb9o5To" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zzgQwGDgzMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

RIP, Whitney. I truly hope that she has found peace at last. My friend and I were in shock over the news last night. This morning I have been watching some of her vidoes on YT. I had forgotten how many wonderful songs she had and how much they are linked to my memories of friends, families, and old crushes from the past.

Truer words never spoken. I would add Luther Vandross to that list. It is not even an age thing. The studios seem desperate to remake the icons, but few of the singers/pop acts have managed to produce anything memorable that have come close. The only one who has come close for me is Mary J. Blige and she had to break through the studio packaging.

• Members

RIP Whitney!! She and her music (and movies) were way more a part of my life than Michael Jackson's stuff, so this one is really getting to me.

I wished that Million Dollar Bill had been more successful. I LOVE the pure 70s disco sound.

Oh, and of course, it goes without saying, The Bodyguard/I Will Always Love You just bring back a floooooooood of memories. We wore that VHS and cassette tape out.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Me too.

VH1 went all night with Whitney but it felt like they only had 5-7 of her songs in vault to take out.

Poor kid.

The radio stations are playing her songs in heavy rotation, not 24/7 on any particular station, but so much so that there's one of her songs on at any particular second of the day.

This is another good one that I forgot about...

• Members

VH1 is paying tribute to the incomparable talent of pop music icon Whitney Houston, one of the biggest-selling artists in history, who passed away yesterday in Los Angeles.

On Monday, February 13th at 9:30 PM/7c, VH1 will premiere the "VH1 News Special -"Whitney Houston: Death of a Diva,"hosted by Janell Snowden and featuring the latest updates on events surrounding her death as well as reactions from attendees at her mentor music mogul Clive Davis's annual pre-Grammy Awards party last night as well as tributes from officials, artists and music executives and fans.

VH1's new "100 Greatest Women In Music" five-night countdown special premiering on Monday, February 13th at 10 PM/9c will also acknowledge the tremendous loss and salute Houston's legacy and wide-ranging influence. "100 Greatest Women In Music" will honor female artists who have thrived in the music industry from 1990 to present day, pop, R & B, rap, country and rock.

On Thursday, February 16th at 11 PM/10c, VH1 will debut "VH1 News Presents Whitney Houston's Greatest Moments," a new special celebrating Whitney Houston's legacy by sharing performances from throughout her storied career which included appearances on VH1 Divas in 1999 and 2003, and VH1 Honors in 1996.

Monday morning's edition of VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live" will provide updates on the tragedy on VH1's daily dose of pop culture news, chat and entertainment which airs each weekday morning at 10 AM/9c.

VH1 began airing Houston's music videos in a block last night at Midnight and will continue to run them in the daytime hours, including "I Will Always Love You," "So Emotional," "Greatest Love Of All," "How Will I Know," "I'm Your Baby Tonight," "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," "Saving All My Love For You" and "It's Not Right, But It's Okay."

VH1 Classic will air a three-hour video tribute "Whitney A-To-Z" comprising her entire video work premiering on Tuesday, February 14 at 12 Noon and 8 PM. VH1 Soul will continue to air Houston's videos all of today and through the night.

VH1.com, VH1's Tuner music blog and TheFabLife.com are all featuring a look back at Whitney's life through career-spanning performances (http://www.vh1.com/m...usical-moments/) and photos (http://www.thefablif...ton-dead-at-48/) and will continue to update readers about the female icon's death and the tributes from around the world. VH1's social media accounts will also do the same. In addition, VH1.com will post images and reports from last night's Clive Davis event as well as exclusive interview footage from the red carpet at the Beverly Hilton.

For additional information on VH1 follow @VH1 on Twitter or "Like" VH1 on Facebook, and visit VH1.com for all the latest in music and celebrity news.

LA TIMES

Music channels such as MTV, VH1 and BET — which helped make Whitney Houston a video star but in recent years have shifted away from music videos — were modest in their coverage of the pop star's death Saturday.

MTV aired a one-hour video tribute in honor of Houston at 8:30 p.m. PST, before returning to its regularly scheduled broadcasts, which now include such reality fare as "Teen Mom." Highlighting the irony, the network aired a screen crawl announcing her death during an airing of reality competition "The Challenge: Battle of the Exes." MTV News is pulling from 27-years of video archives for a tribute on Houston’s life to air later this week.

The network's sister music channels, MTV Hits and MTV Jams, however, have been airing Houston's videos nonstop, along with reactions from celebrities and Twitter comments from fans.

PHOTOS: Stars react to stunning news

BET also broadcast a one-hour tribute to Houston, rather than airing a nonstop cycle of her videos (as some fans on Twitter were in search for). Sunday, the network will re-air the tribute, followed by an encore presentation of "BET Honors 2010," where Houston had been celebrated for her achievements. Later in the day, they will air Houston's last televised performance, "Celebration of Gospel 2011." On Monday, "106 & Park" will have a three-hour special episode paying tribute to the singer.

VH1 aired a marathon of her videos Saturday night and continued Sunday morning with her top dance videos. "It takes Whitney Houston's death for VH1 to play music videos," one Twitter user pointed out. The network will also air "VH1 News Special: Whitney Houston: Death of a Diva" on Monday. And next week's "100 Greatest Women in Music" will include a salute to Houston. Later in the week, the network will air a special on the singer's greatest moments. On Tuesday, VH1 Classic will offer a catalog of Houston's videos.