Whitney Houston dead at 48!

• Members

One of her forgotten singles is Love Will Save the Day, which went to #9 in the US and #10 in the UK. It's uptempo.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uEQ4yAFiJkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YS6swVDspEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Greatest Love of All always had a lot of criticism, with people saying George Benson's version is better, and her version is overblown, but it's the first Whitney song I remember, and always found the song very touching (both the opening chords, and those big vocals as it builds and builds), along with the video with Whitney remembering herself as a little girl, which seems even sadder than usual today. That type of shameless power song just doesn't come around now.

I know this was already posted, but what the hell.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

My mother did her first dance with her second husband to Whitney's song, "One moment in time" back in 95. even someone who was born in the early 80's like me knows about Whitney. I even saw her interview with Oprah a couple of years ago. of course she's been all over those tabloid magazines for decades.

• Members

I heard on the news that while Whitney was out the other night there was blood all over her legs. I'm wondering. What if Whitney had something wrong with her. Like ovarian cancer or something, and didn't know? And, it killed her.

There wasn't drugs found around the scene. I'm wondering if it was a natural death caused by an underlying issue.

• Members

That's very true. The Supremes held that record with 5 consecutive number ones until Whitney came along and broke the record. I sometimes wonder what brings a person who seems to have everything to indulge in self destructive behavior that ultimately kills them? Her poor mother... Cissy must be in such turmoil right now. She was the one who intervened and forced her to get help.... but sometimes a mother's love isn't enough, and it should be.

• Members

Poor Cissy. She saw her daughter through SO much. I can hardly imagine what she's going through, having groomed her daughter's very similar vocal gift, seeing her lose herself to the world, fighting to get back... So sad. And Bobbi Chris, oy, it's just too much.

• Members

Probably the best of the crap soundtrack singles she was releasing in the late 90's was her cover of Annie Lennox's Step By Step:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sWa5vE4MUpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whitney and George Michael:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7EjfbyCpAxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

I think Step by Step was her last good hit. Her most recent stuff wasnt very good but i still supported her and bought the cd. I just downloaded all of her oldies on my smartphone even though I have all of her hits on CD. I think I am going to let some time pass and then play all of her greatest hits.