• Members

Apparently CBS has dusted this off after many decades, and it's starting tonight. I'm not sure why they needed to revive this. The whole idea of the original show was Murrow having a slightly fluffy balance to the hard-hitting news. What is hard-hitting news now - yet another random blonde woman going missing in the Caribbean?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And another interview with George Clooney, who, even with some charm, seems to say the same thing over and over.

I feel like this is someone at CBS News waving a white flag.

It's a shame they dumped Harry Smith, who would have suited this show. I guess I should be happy it's not Katie.

• Members

Does Charlie Rose still have his PBS show? I remember watching it frequently for a few years there and admired his old-school interviewing skills. Not to mention I recall back in 2007 he let Sean Penn light up on the show even though I believe Rose has heart and lung problems, guess he didn't care.

• Members

I actually liked it. I love Lara Logan and glad they are giving her more things to do. She did seem a bit uncomfortable interviewing celebrites versus the hard news she usually does. I wonder if CBS is going permanently keep this on the schedule or air it occasionally?

Archived