B&B: Joanna Johns returns with Caroline

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So out of the entire Spencer family, the only exception to the insta-child rule was Bill and his daughter Caroline.

Anyway, it will be nice to see Joanna Johnson again. She is the reason I began watching B&B and she's one of the main reasons I sometimes pop back in.

I hope she will agree to make a few more appearances in order to be a part of this Caroline's life.

I also think they should bring in Dorothy Lyman, as her character raised Karen. Dorothy still acts, and she'd be a great potential rival for Stephanie.

I wonder if this is going to be attempt #4 or #5 to find someone Thomas has chemistry with.

• Members

I like this idea. To bring a child on named Caroline just after the show's 25th anniversary... that's nice!

Too bad this will probably happen:

1. Character will be introduced to great fanfare.

2. Character will be dropped to recurring six months later.

3. Brad Bell will say "Well, if we were one hour, we'd have room for all of these characters..."

I do like where they are headed with this, however. Let's see what happens.

• Members

Well, Liam will only be her cousin, ya know. And Brad Bell just loves to keep it in the family.

I've sadly come to the conclusion that all the grown folk will for now on remain supporting players to this kids. I was hoping it was just a phase, but there's been no signs of this changing anytime soon. All their stories were dropped in the fall and the show has become the Steffy/Liam/Hope half hour. And their recent ratings are probably just going to encourage them to stay the course.

• Members

... when in actual fact it is actually a Katie/Bill/Steffy story.

Still, it will be nice to Joanna Johnson again -- Caroline was the main reason I stuck with B&B back in 1987. She was a classic, and yet refreshing, soap heroine: a good girl with smarts. And any scene featuring JJ and Susan Flannery was dynamite back then.

• Members

The first years of B&B had a lot of generic writing but many of the female characters, even if they weren't strong on paper, somehow had some type of integrity, thanks to the actresses. You don't really get that now. The women on the show are just pathetic.

Archived