AMC: Masquerade Ball - Video Preview

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree obviously Cam was joking...but still the press release went on about the great sets and I just think its sad that when a show like AMC goes all out it amounts to the type of set that is typical on GH. Why is it so much more expensive for the east coast shows to be produced?

I really hope Cady was kidding...first, she would not have given the reason Dixie was gone right? And this is too stupid. Too stupid for McT? There is no such thing. But I still think she was joking.

• Members

East Coast soaps are more expensive? Considering that the east coast soaps have traveled to Florida, in and around NYC in the past couple of years and GH has managed to get outside to the parking lot (ONCE)....I would like to think that east coast soaps have a tad bit more money.

Also, I don't think GH has anywhere near as much grand ballrooms or whatever. They show the hospital, the docks and Sonny's home...that's it. If you're lucky, you get the Q mansion.

• Members

I think Cady was joking about the flash forzen thing, just the tone in her voice. They would not reveal why she was gone on an entertainment show anyway..... the soaps have big enough problems trying to get people to tune in as it is.

• Members

Sure, AMC has spent a lot more money on location shooting in recent years than most West Coast soaps but shooting on the East Coast is a lot more expensive than the West Coast, in all areas. Realty is much more expensive, and shipping and constructing sets in a studio in crowded Manhattan is a lot harder than doing so in the suburbs of L.A.

One thing about Cady that's interesting to note -- She said "co--" but quickly corrected herself and said, "Uh, car accident." Seems like she was about to say coma. But she was laughing and smiling throughout the whole thing so I don't know if we can take anything she said as serious scoops.

• Members

A coma would then be realistic..... I think maybe she was in a coma but not for the full time, she recovered and was a changed woman.... obviously in the little we did see of Dixie at Christmas time, she isn't the same Dixie we knew back in 2002.

• Members

Okay first of all why would erica invite kwak, amanduh and babe to her ball? Babe and kwak stole her granddaughter and erica blames amanduh for drugging her next week, so this makes no sense to me. As for the dresses I love kendall, erica, dani, and simone's dresses. Anita, kwak, babe, di, and lily have the worst dresses. Janet reminds me of the fairy godmother from Shrek 2, opals dress is eccentric but the hair is a no-no, why do they have brooke all covered up???, I hate the feathers on julia's dress, why does di dress look like they killed a reptile???lol An out of the men david looks the best, and jack looks the worst, and I'm not being biased, I just hate white tuxedos.

feb06042zg.jpg

Dr. Sexy

feb06061fl.jpg

Archived