B&B: February Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah i figured as much....

Was Stephanie that much of a bully to him prior to Lowder's run? I wish i could enjoy the things she says about him, even though she is kind of right. There is something so unpleasant about a 70 year old woman talking all that trash on a young man. I wish Stephanie would just open her eyes and see that Brooke was right about Steffy being a tramp.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stephanie used to always love Rick and treated him as a son but their relationship got tarnished during KL's run. Rick hated Ridge big time and went after him and one rule with Stephanie is that you dont cross her beloved Ridge. Rick tried to kill Ridge on a rooftop but ended up falling after Ridge pushed him off him in self defense. Rick was paralyzed for a few weeks and tried to make it seem as if Ridge attacked him. He even faked the paralysis after he was healed up and tried to push Ridge out of the company. The real turning point though was when he got involved with Steffy as his plan was to seduce her so that he could use that to get revenge against Ridge. Stephanie lost trust in him when she viewed him as hurting her family and I beleive she sided with Thomas when he and Rick were feuding

• Members

Yeah, when i first started watching B&B on a regular basis in November 2008, it was during that time when Rick revealed to Stephanie that he had been faking his paralysis, (even though if you remember he tried to get Stephanie to help him with his plans) and of course Phoebe's death made it worse.

I thought Rick always hated Ridge even as a kid?

I guess Rick was alright with the way Stephanie was to Brooke at the time Stephanie treated him like a son? I would also figure that the way he saw his mother being treated by Stephanie and eventually fighting back to her would be another reason Stephanie started to hate Rick?

• Members

Yes Rick resented Ridge as a kid for his treatment of Brooke. Wit Stephanie its weird bc all of Brooke's kids have been witness to how hard she's gone after her, yet Stephanie has had special relationships with all of them. I dont recall Stehanie and Rick having any issues till KL was in the role and I cant remember if Brooke came up as a reason why he stopped respecting her

In other news, looks like a B&B star will be on Dancing with the Stars

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/24/dancing-with-the-stars-jack-wagner-melissa-gilbert-sherri-shepherd-season-14-cast/?adid=hero2

• Members

Didn't Stephanie expose Rick and Phoebe as a couple during Lowder's first few months on the show? I guess that is another reason why Rick would start to see Stephanie as a threat to him.

It seems that Stephanie favors Brooke's kids rather than Brooke herself, because for the most part (until Rick) they have proven to be the saints that she hoped she would be. If Donna and Katie were nothing like Brooke, i think Stephanie would have gotten along with them better. and plus Brooke didn't make things better when she slept with Deacon etc... and her kids always turned on her until they eventually (AKA Bradley got lazy) and just forgave her one day .

I feel like for the most part Brad Bell's version of Stephanie (in later years) sees her whole entire family as angels, that could do no wrong. I really think Stephanie should know better that history has repeated itself for the younger generation of Brooke/Ridge/Taylor with Steffy/Liam/Hope, and i feel like she should be the one to tell Steffy that her behavior now, is exactly how Brooke was when she was younger and trying to steal Ridge back from Taylor. She should tell her how much she hates her behavior, but of course she thinks Steffy is being right about all this. IMO there is something wrong with this picture. If the Stephanie from 1987-2002 traveled to the future and saw how Steffy pretty much used her sexuality to get Liam away from Steffy, I'm sure she would disapprove.

• Administrator

Bill/Brooke? Booo!! So disappointed that Hope/Liam/Steffy/Bill/Katie won't be continuing. There's so much potential there. Hopefully Brad realized that and is going back to that in the storylines that he's writing now (behind the scenes).

• Members

My god Amber is pathetic. This past year all she's done is latch onto men that dont want her and then warn the other women to stay away. She did it with Liam and Hope, Marcus and Dayzee and now Rick with Beverly and Steffy. She's a washed up has been and too old for this petty nonsense

• Members

Amber fits much better on B&B. She still has more energy than most soap characters/actors. I'm not bothered by her pining over Rick, because THAT relationship did mean something to her. I did like that she confronted Steffy head-on, instead of the usual hiding in the background and misunderstandings and that Steffy made it clear she still wants Liam. Still love Brooke's reactions to Steffy/Rick, BUT how would she feel about Amber/Rick??? The great thing about this show is that because of the length, they can adjust stories quickly. Brad now knows what people want, I'm pretty certain he's going to keep delivering.

• Members

Owen looked like Ahmadinejad today. And Jackie's wig in that flashback was like the wiggiest wig that ever wigged.

I found Hope kind of sickening... embarrassing, even. I was thinking to myself, Who's watching this right now, young girls, old women, and what do they think of how this girl is acting? She sounded like she was in Jr. high, all siced about finally losing her virginity. It didn't come across as mature, rational decision making as she seemed to be going for.

• Members

Has B&B ever had any purity balls?

This has been an issue with Brad Bell before. I think he was the one who wrote the story about Jessica Forrester's virtue which went on for a year and a half. At least Hope's story likely won't end with being raped in a back alley.

Archived