ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not that this is really related to soaps,  but he did win the Olympic Bronze medal in the team event (and is the only 2 time world junior champion and a former national champion) and has done ratified (clean) quads in competition before- just not recently.   The actual true hope Nathan Chen bombed, Adam skated relatively clean and gave some witty one liners.  He's like a less obnoxious Johnny Weir.

• Members

This is neither here nor there on a soap board, but I used to be a competitive figure skater for years.  Outside of Johnny's annoying personality, he actually has relevant things to say in regards to skating, while Scott Hamilton used to grunt and scream a lot and used the same phrases for every. single. skater, so Weir's actual commentary doesn't bother me that much.  Scott Hamilton is just a more likeable personality, though.  NBC got so much positive feedback from Johnny and Tara Lipinski's 2014 Sochi B feed commentary (the one that showed every single skater in every discipline on the old Universal Sports channel) that they fired Scott and have continued to use Johnny and Tara, although Scott was doing some commenting in Pyeongchang this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if Adam starts commentating in the future, though.

• Members

By the way, here is the trailer for BlackKlansman, which I believe is due out in August:

Okay, I just noticed that the due date is written on the top of the video.

Please register in order to view this content

In my defense, though, I originally put up a post about this same movie about a month ago.

https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/43846-soap-stars-where-are-they-now/?do=findComment&comment=1562890

• Members

Yes.  They did.  Very obnoxious to the viewer who just wants to watch the skating, but they don't really bother me.  Tara and Johnny were very good in 2014, but they have gradually progressed into campiness and gossip and I am not sure what they sound like to regular fans or watchers, but they talked almost through entire programs.  Tara is actually the one that never stops talking.  I work in the figure skating field, so by the Olympics I had seen most of these programs a million times, so I could tune them out because I knew what elements were coming next.  Anyway, rumor has it Johnny is very jealous of Adam and his attention he is getting.

BTW, random fact, but most figure skaters I grew up with watched soaps.  We had very odd school/skating schedules so I was often getting off school/getting ready to skate or vice versa when soaps were on at my house.  Most of my skating friends watched Days and/or GH, while most my 'regular' friends were like what are you talking about?   Marlena who?