Question: OLTL Victor Lord, Sr.

• Members

Erika Slezak is so agreeable and such a go with it person, but if I was her I would have been like, "Are you all serious? This [!@#$%^&*] is stupid as hell!" I guess it relieved Viki of commiting patricide, but still...

Carl, that is not a bad idea though maybe some would have seen it as a cop out. It kind of lends itself to an idea I believe Vee had about Jessica's DID being not "real" but more psychosomatic, for lack of a better term.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. It may have made more sense with Jessica.

Either way I just think it was too much for a long term show. It was also an easy crutch for the show to constantly shove this stuff with Todd or Jessica and pass it off as some type of "legacy." Or Viki having this barnacle Todd stuck on her side for years because of the "legacy."

It would have been one thing if future writers had always treated the story respectfully, but instead, you had fiascos like 2002 Niki and it just made no sense.

• Members

:lol: And Loving was always the poor little ABC soap that could, or couldn't ph34r.png , so I really liked it when they gave NF's Joey a throwaway about Corinth opposed to Pine Valley. Of course that automobile character's MyFace page had him listed as living in Corinth when he first showed up, which took some of the bloom off the rose.

• Members

Does anyone have any clips that feature all of Viki's alters? I think she had like 9 didn't she?

I only got to know him through the heart of the lord storyline and I always thought of him as a depraved monster. Does anyone have a list of all of his retcons? It would be interesting to see how his character shifted over the years and how the writers changed his character posthumously overtime.

Jessica's DID made no sense what so ever and just wreaked of head writers having no idea how to make Jessica interesting again. If anything considering the way Roxy raised Natalie it would have made more sense for Natalie to be the one with the splinted and shattered psyche.

• Members

I still say they missed a huge storyline of Viki dealing with Victor Junior as yet another one of Victor's children. She would have had to treat him as someone different because she had always treated him in the way she treated Todd because she thought he was Todd. Suprisingly it seems Viki wasn't hurt at all about Tony's exsistance. Because Tina was the product of Victor and her best friend Irene, she turned into Niki for months so she wouldn't have to face it. With Todd, it was weird because she had always known him as a rapist and then he turned out to be her brother and she very quickly started standing up for him no matter what he did wrong. and he did a lot wrong to Viki.

besides the secret room, remember Viki also found another room and stairs going right up to her childhood bedroom. remember they had Erika Slezak's daughter play young Viki in those scenes. I think that was 2003 also....when Mitch owned the house and Jessica found the room. That was such a weird time period. Viki wasn't living in Llanfair and Jessica was acting so stupid, "I know he's a monster but he's my father and i feel sorry for him..." it was not a good way to get people to warm up to a new actress playing Jessica. The only good thing was that Dorian was back.

• Members

That makes my skin crawl.

Eric, I forget the details but I'm pretty sure he was talking to Kelly, maybe Olivia/Cameron. Something very simple like, "Blah blah blah from here to Corinth", it was in the context of their close proximity, and I just KNEW you would appreciate that as a Loving devotee. wink.png

• Members

They seemed to only care about the Todd/Viki relationship if Viki was propping Todd. It's one of the reasons it didn't work for me. There was also no drama to be found, and there never was, even when he happily went along with the possible death of both her daughters and the death of her unborn grandchild.

Archived