Question: OLTL Victor Lord, Sr.

• Members

Not being a regular viewer of OLTL, I know that Victor, Sr had Vicki and Meredith by his deceased first wife, and I know of, at least, three sons Tony (George Reinholt), Todd (Roger Howarth) and Victor, Jr. (Trevor St. John) and one daughter - Tina (Andrea Evans).

Are there any more? Pardon the old British pun, but it seems that Old Victor had a 'sticky wicket.' Where did he find the time to run the Banner and maintain his patriarchial position at Llanfair?

It seems to me that he had enough 'out-of-wedlock' children to earn the neighboring state of Delaware an additional Congressional district (they only have one congressional district-at-large) LOL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A secret sex room under Llanfair? That explains everything! I just finished reading about Ben Franklin's 12 mistresses and his neglected wife of 38 years...There must be something in that suburban Philadelphia drinking water...Ben Franklin, Victor Lord, Sr., come to think of it, I have an 82 year old uncle in suburban Philadelphia who is still a practicing psychiatrist. I wonder if he's doing anything else on his office couch? I'll have to ask my aunt. LOL

Many thanks!

Eugenia, too? Oy vey! Thanks for the info.

• Members

I can't thank you enough for your answers. I was on vacation in Pensacola, Florida in the Summer of 1973, and my host had OLTL on...during the hostage storyline involving Meredith...and it always bothered me that they would kill off a member of the core family.

• Members

Yeah, Jean went so far as to have a contractor rebuild the secret room after it had been demolished/sealed up in the eighties. However, this time one didn't enter through the mantle. Jean had him build a secret door panel in the back of the coat closet in the foyer leading to a spiral staircase down. I thought Victor's original room was cool with all of the monitors. The new room did have a monitor though, which tortured Dorian as she could see what was going on upstairs, like Cassie visiting, her cries unheard as she was behind sound-proof glass. When Dorian tricked Tommy and trapped him in there, he busted the wall panel and discovered a secret tunnel and I swore they were about to take us back to Eterna! :lol: Turns out, it was just a tunnel and he escaped through the sewer. tongue.png

• Members

You know I don't think that any other dead soap character went through the transformation that OLTL did with Victor Lord. You read recaps from the early years (and watch him in the 1969 episode posted on Youtube) and he seems like a nice old man. But as the decades went by, he slowly but surely was turned into a horrible perverted monster. Although, it did give the show and ES in particular plenty of juicy material in the years that followed.

• Members

It's true, I thought he was the most fascinating dead character ever during the DID story. I remember asking my mom, "Was Victor ever on the show?" and she was like, "Oh my God, YES!" She explained all the retconning starting with Tina. I just wish they would have stopped there. Heart of a Lord should have stayed in whatever fanfic hell it rose out of.

• Members

Sisters did a storyline where Georgie, through a manipulative therapist, was convinced that her father had molested her as a child. I kind of wish they'd done that with Viki instead of going so far with Victor, especially since that story brought so much carnage over the next 15 years.

• Members

Speaking of Delaware, when Mitch snatched Llanfair out from under Viki, he obtained the blueprints and there was a throwaway line about the architect also designing the estate of a prominent Delaware family as well as the Chandler mansion in Pine Valley. I love throwaways like that. I'm a big nerd and I immediately began imagining the gothic goings on in that DE estate. Spinoff! tongue.png

• Members

I always enjoyed the throwaway lines too.....like in the Trading Places episode where someone mentioned something about Pine Valley, and then at the end when Rae woke up from her nightmare and told Viki that she was in the oddest place, to which Viki replied "Port Charles?" :lol:

Archived