Question: OLTL Victor Lord, Sr.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree too. I also never wanted to beleive that about Victor. But it's a soap, they brought him back, they brought Irene Manning back and they've brought mitch back at least twice. I'm sure if it lived on, they would have brought Asa back, played by someone else.

I remember that storyline on Sisters. She was convinced that her father abused her and then after the whole thing with doctor Caspian blew up in her face, she realized the memories she was having were just of her father taking care of her when she was sick. Doctor Caspian distoried it for her to make her stop leaning on her family and to lean on him more.

• Members

There's no way Viki could have been that fragmented in 95' if something didn't happen to her. The most probable cause of DID is prolonged sexual abuse. It would be just too improbable for Viki to keep being molested and raped by outside figures for years upon years. Victor was the scapegoat.

• Members

True. But I never liked the '95 storyline because it was (IMO) a complete and total retcon of all other prior stories about this issue (even if this particular story was more clinically accurate).

Tell that to the millions of sexual abuse survivors who were raped repeatedly by uncles, by cousins, by teachers and ministers, and so forth.

• Members

Yeah, of course Victor was the "strongest" choice, but say they went more the copycat AMC route and had one of Victor's business associates as her abuser. Maybe Victor turned a blind eye, consumed with guilt and general stuffed shirt emotional blockage which was in tune with the character. Or maybe even her uncle, Victor's brother Powell Sr. They could have gone a couple different ways, but if they were determined to tell this story, Victor was going to pack the biggest emotional punch.

Archived