Did AMC, ATWT, GL or OLTL have the better SERIES FINALE?

• Members

As far as couples getting together at the very end, AYWT had a mixed bag. Carly and Jack were a given, Casey and Allison same, ditto the awful Janet and Dusty. Katie and Chris were the most unpopular choice, because a) they had no chemistry B) they were rushed together because of time restraints c) they ruined a really popular couple Reid/Luke and d) we all know Katie should have been with Simon. As far as Lily and Holden, I guess TPTB did the best they could leaving them in limbo, because we all knew that Lilden meant Jon Hensley and Martha Byrne. I still think they should have been a little creative and do two parallel stories (like the movie Sliding Doors) with Noelle Beck's Lily reuniting with Damian, and Martha Byrne's Lily reconecting with Holden.

And would it have killed them to throw Lisa a bone by having her get a phone call from an off-screen Grant Coleman asking her for a date?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, wondering why there was no mention of any ties between Bo/Nora and Clint/Viki/Jessica/Natalie isn't just wondering about a continuity blunder, as these characters had close relationships for decades. Only in the last few years has RC taken away these relationships, to the point where Bo's primary sympathy when he learned his niece had been raped was for her rapist.

This lack of a basic tie, one which had lasted through many different production and writing teams, was why a lot of the emotion in the finale just felt canned to me. I did enjoy some moments with Matthew, and when Jessica learned she was Clint's biological daughter, but everything just felt small.

I think RC or someone felt they needed to remind everyone that Bo's true relationships were with people like David or Rex. This pick and choose type of writing is the antithesis of soap, IMO.

Archived