ABC President on GH: "We’ll make a decision at some point."

• Members

From Broadcasting & Cable:

Also addressed is Lee's executive session:

• No decision has been made on the future of ABC's last remaining soap, General Hospital, yet, and Lee said that there is no timeframe for making one. "It depends on how the other shows do," Lee said after the session, in reference to new daytime shows The Chew and The Revolution. "It's not a decision we have to make immediately but will have to eventually."

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/478820-TCA_Scandal_Apt_23_to_Get_ABC_s_Top_Lead_Ins.php

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with the majority here. I am sure ABC has decided GH's future. I think mum's the word until, probably another month or late February. Let OLTL complete its run, give the Revolting Revolution a few weeks, pump out a few press releases about its "omg excellent ratings and demos in its first month on air" and then they'll happily seal GH's fate.

Love how the top story out of that EW.com link is that atrocious comedy, Work It. They haven't pulled the plug yet?

• Members

I saw someone mention "The Chew" to be a success, but I thoughts ratings wise and critics wise, this show has been panned. I definetly think that the cast needs a shake-up. Batalie could not look more bored, Hall cannot try harder, and Kelly comes off as the poor man's Nate Berkus.

• Members

I think they'll give The Revolution a few weeks to see how it does. If they come close to what OLTL did, then bye GH. The other interesting tidbit is that The Chew had more viewers than GH for 6 straight weeks, and was only slightly below GH during the week between Christmas and New Year's when The Chew was in repeats. The Chew repeats got 2.3 million viewers, whereas soap repeats get much less than that. Even if you hate The Chew, it is performing decently and has no doubt helped ABC's bottom line, which is what the business is all about.

Archived