ABC President on GH: "We’ll make a decision at some point."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My guess is that ABC is waiting for OL to get the attention it deserves for its final months and then they will be announcing GH is gone. Just like ABC staggered AMC and OL's endings. Now with AMC and OL out of the way all of the focus can go onto GH as it's 'ending its historic run' and all that blah blah blah.

• Members

Here's a little bit more to add to that:

• Sadly for soap fans, Lee had no update on the future of General Hospital. There are worries the sudser is next on the chopping block given the cancellations of All My Children and One Life to Live. “I don’t know when we’ll make a decision on that. We’ll see. We’ll make a decision at some point. I just don’t know when.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/10/abc-topper-on-work-it-harming-transgenders-i-dont-get-it/

• Members

I hope GH goes down in a blaze of glory; reminiscent of the mid-90s where the actors were given heart wrenching storyline that had us viewers clocking in every day to see; for example:

- Maxie's Heart Transplant

- Monica's Breast Cancer

- Mysteries at Wyndemere

- Robin's HIV

• Members

I wish, considering this is the press tour to promote their shows, that they had mentioned the positive changes to GH and show that they're at least trying to make the show work. Instead it's, "Eh, probably canceled but we're not sure when we're going to announce it." By at least talking about THE SHOW it can somewhat change the dialogue. Of course we know whats going to happen, but still.

• Members

Here is what the new ABC entertainment chief told USA Today about GH:

Newly overseeing the network's daytime schedule, Lee says "we have not made a decision" on the future of its remaining soap, General Hospital, "and we don't have a time frame for it either." (ABC has already given its time slot to Katie Couric's new syndicated talk show, premiering next fall on its big-city owned stations). But "I started my life in soap operas" as a production assistant, he offered.

http://content.usato...s-tv-critics-/1

Archived