ABC President on GH: "We’ll make a decision at some point."

• Members

I think that ABC allowing RC to bring four OLTL characters to GH is a positive sign. If GH is able to capture some of OLTL's viewers and strengthen its 18 to 49 women demo, ABC could decide to give GH more time before cancelling it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It also makes me wonder if it's too late, or even of interest, to bring on an AMC character or two. I know that sounds like overkill, but that wouldn't have been such an outlandish idea had AMC not been the victim of timing, i.e., the move to online was still a go when they aired their finale. Of course OLTL has the added bonus of FV. That said, I still think we will see at least one or two AMC actors move to GH, though unlike the OLTL actors, I for whatever reason see the AMC actors taking on new characters.

• Members

I can't blame them the promotion, but I think I agree with your sentiment--they haven't given the ABC soaps decent promo (and that's questionable) since the early days of Frons. Why NOT try promoing your daytime soaps during shows like Desp Housewives? Why only try to appeal to people already watching your other (failing) daytime soaps? I watch most primetime shows on Canadian affiliates so miss the US ads, but the only network recently--and not that recently--I can remember seeing promoting their soaps in primetime was NBC.

The Revolution seems to have a better focus than the free-for-all that is Chew, but it also seems less prepared and like something that is even more unappealing (yes, health talk shows are fairly big right now--but that one daytime "reality soap" that followed a group of women over a period of time was a huge flop, and I can't see people sticking with this).

Yes, but cynically, it'll happen probably over a month after OLTL ends. There doesn't seem to be a huge spill over of OLTL fans watching GH anyway (even less than the OLTL/AMC connection)--and ABC probably at this point is willing to let them do anything... On the positive, Frons isn't involved in this crossover...

• Members

Obviously as AMC is my top soap, I do agree with you, but it does seem kinda too late. WHO would they promote it to now? That said I think it would benefit them more to bring them on as an AMC character (with not too much focus on their past) than as a new character. Maybe Vincent could come on to meet up with Anna again... :P It's too bad Angie and Jesse are on...that other show...because I think their charcters could be a welcome influx of colour and personality to GH right now.

• Members

Even with Frons gone? I suppose Cam (as lovely a guy as he seems to be) is still a part of ABC so you're probably right. It would be great if they could bring on some random, more character actor to spice up the canvas, but even without Frons--and the mixed way Ron C treats such characters--I dont' see Opal popping up any time soon. I really did love Anna at AMC (after the whole Alex mess) and it would be nice--if the rumours of them taking her return seriously are true--if they could bring someone somehow connected to her, but... The only one really who would qualify would be David, although I admit a *toned down* David would, for me as a casual GH fan, be a welcome addition to the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Citytv has licensed the exclusive Canadian broadcast rights to Katie Couric's upcoming daytime talk show Katie from Disney-ABC Domestic Television. The one-hour, live daily show from the award-winning journalist, best-selling author and popular television personality will premiere on Citytv in September 2012. Katie is the latest Citytv licensed show from Disney-ABC.

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/news/citytv-obtains-rights-to-katie-courics-daytime-talk-show/1000851884/

Archived