OLTL: Discussion for the week January 2

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What the hell is that shirt James is wearing?

Is it me or does Catherine Hickland look better than ever right now. I miss Lindsay.

Sam is the best Manning/Lord. His pops would be proud of his lies, but not that he helped Cole. Who again I must say is actually likeable and rootable under Van Hughes.

Roscoe Born has the best voice in Daytime.

• Members

It has always been my favourite as well. It is timeless and could have remained until the show's dying day.

Eric, American Idiot is in Toronto, but I don't who the leads is or anything. I love musicals and all, but I have always despised and utterly loathed Green Day.

• Members

Well, there's also the fact that, personally, I stay away from musicals that don't have original songs. If I wanted to listen to popular music (which I rarely, if ever do), that's what the radio is for, not my however many dollars, thank you very much. :)

Back on topic, I agree with whoever mentioned James up above. Why was he being such a pr*ck? Starr should have told him to eff off. Which leads me to hope that Starr and Cole go on the run for the finale. And hey, if OLTL ever comes back (I know, I know), maybe we can finally get Amer-Asian Starr!

• Members

I'm a huge pop music fanatic but I feel the same way for the most part--though to be fair people argue that Idiot isn't a jukebox musical since the album it's based on is a concept album the way, say, Jesus Christ Superstar was, but I'm not convinced :P At any rate it's not Sondheim :P

I think that was me who mentioned James. I know he's been kinda like that off and on with her for a while but it just seemed out of nowhere.... Talking to Starr like she was his child and keepign a secret from him.

• Members

His character's just been one useless mess since Eddie died, if not before--not that I was ever a big fan. But it seems like when they create characters like him they have no real reason why--add to that things like Deanna coming back for him but basically paying him no attention, etc... Maybe that's why he has become such a whiney bitch, he's been ignored for so long, poor James :P

• Members

One can pray. As much as I'm enjoying the focus on more established characters and families, and the story itself, this blackout story does have a weird feeling of... vacancy? I mean *200* convicts escaped and are largely I assume running aropund Llanview, but it seems like half the town is on vacation--has Blair been asleep while people come and go including the cops? Oh well.

Speaking of cops, I found the one cop today (for lack of a better description, the white one) hysterical. Just his delivery and the dialogue they gave him--not sure why but every line made me giggle "Mind your sister now!". Or freaking out a little kid telling him how he better go to his room because there were tons of escaped convicts running about...

Archived