GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Great idea, that is also when Billy and Vanessa get married, we can see Bradley lurking around, Bernau's Alan, Tony Reardon collapsing from his brain issue (which Ed will have to perform the surgery, first time since Holly's bro shot him) etc. Those episodes were when GL started gaining on GH (eventually to topple them for a few weeks that summer for number 1) with adding a million new viewers I remember reading. Also it shows what a great show GL "could," have been if they focused on the different families and the ensemble instead of what it became the Reva show with goofy stories (Infinity, Amish Reva part 1, etc.)

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to see that in pristine quality and not cut up - I saw it on Youtube but in parts.

I also wish we could see the ball which Rita threw to try to prove she and Ed were in the money - this was around the time she and Alan were being built up. I never even knew of this until I saw a few photos in a magazine.

• Members

And technically it wasnt a Vday masked ball it was a Masked Ball to welcome home Baroness Von Halkien. Loved that Ball as it had my Phillip and Beth in it!!!

I hope they have the 83 Prom, or when Phillip and Beth admitted their feelings for each other after he found out bout him not being a Spaulding, or anything with them in NYC!!

• Members

My favorite character was Rita and she was the one I couldn't find the right place for on this set. But there will be more hopefully.

The weddings list contains a couple of my original choices then I kept having to go back because of music rights issues or we were unable to find tapes. But they all have some historical context so I was happy in the end. My first wedding choice was not a "great" wedding per se but it was old school Bauer, Alan and Hope in Bert's living room. But two pop songs ruled it out for this round.

• Members

Roger, I think that was a great list! Much better than the ATWT set, but yall had the luxury of time that wasn't there that time. I like that yall were able to include so many of the different eras, including some surprises (like including a Joan Collins ep) and you also found a couple of watchable Peapack episodes.

As somebody who didn't get to see much classic GL, it'll be nice seeing the classics. Do you know if any of Crystal Hunt's Lizzie is included?

• Members

Very nice selection of episodes. I would have loved to see again when Lucille Wexler fought with Jennifer Richards and Lucille ended up getting stabbed, or the episode in the courtroom for Lucille's murder when Jennifer confessed that Alan was Amanda's father. But nice job. We all want to see different things.

• Members

The courtroom episode was on my list. It just became a matter of time and some tapes were in storage or missing or some other random thing. But I remember that well. One thing about some of the earlier episodes on the set is that they usually feature a lot of characters so you get to see people maybe you weren't expecting.

• Members

Chris, actually had less time on this one, just more control of the content. And there were many more extenuating circumstances (especially music). But I think it's becoming a well-oiled machine. Once all these things are digitized, people can buy them online. And making DVDs will be easy because you can just pick 20 episodes and use them versus having to search through tapes, some in one building, some in storage. Fans of these shows will eventually get to see their content which is still amazing to me.

• Members

Just Ordered My Guiding Light Dvd.. Can't Wait..there are some great Episodes on here.

Rita Bauer was my favorite character as well. I would love to see the episode where she reveals at hollys rape trial that Roger raped

her as well. Oh and the Battles that Rita had with Hollys mother Barbara were Classic....

Archived