ALL: Favorite (and Least Favorite) Costumes

• Members

Has a soap actor ever worn a costume or item of clothing on their show that you remember being particularly fond of? Has any ever worn anything that you made think, well, that show's costume designer was on something?

As always, the sky's the limit. Name as many as you'd care to in each category. And of course, photos of said items are encouraged. :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dorian and Felicia pretty much own this category.

Lots of memories, but one...

OLTL's Dorian once wore this turquoise suit with pastel mink cuffs and mink trim on the attached scarf, pom-pom mink buttons down the front. I knew my mom would love it, just her style, so I called her at work and she answered the phone, "Check. Her. Out." She was already watching at her desk. :lol: Robin must have been fond of this suit as well because she borrowed it for the "Divas" symposium at the Paley Center that she did with Victoria Wyndham and Kim Zimmer.

• Members

Whatever Days' Lexie wore to host her party about 10 years ago that had her looking like she was literally pulled out of a Disney movie. She looked nad played the part of a cartoon villian and her entire red attire was so over the top. People who watched then know what Im talking about. If someone has a clip or pic, please post

• Members

I'll have to look for pictures later, but on AMC Erica wore a red and black Ralph Lauren suit that I LOVED. It had a high neckline with black ruffles. She was wearing it when Kendall brought Richard Fields into Erica's press conference, and she wore it again in a scene with Dimitri in the chapel at Wildwind at Christmas 1995, I think.

I also loved her Dolce & Gabbana bra dress from 2002/2003 or so.

In terms of elaborate dresses, I will confess to loving the ball gown she wore at her engagement ball to Dimitri. It had a huge royal blue skirt and a jeweled bodice, and I remember thinking it was a bold color choice for Erica. I also loved her wedding dress and veil from her first wedding to Dimitri.

In terms of least favorite costumes, just about anything Opal Cortlandt wore would fall into that category. Bless her heart, the woman had no taste. wacko.png I hated the skin tight sundresses they had Kendall and Cara in toward the end of the show. Those were so unflattering, and for Cara in particular, her attire was very inappropriate for a physician. I also disliked the silver/gray theme of the 2006 Mardi Gras ball. At a real charity ball, everyone would be wearing a variety of colors. Mardi Gras in particular is a bright and colorful event, so having everyone looking like they were wearing aluminum foil really bugged me. That, and the costumes themselves were so overdone. I mean Erica and Simone both - what the hell are they wearing??? blink.png

all_my_children_gala.jpg

• Members

I wish some of the Lumina Ball photos (AW's last big "event") were out there. You can see a photo of Felicia and of Chris (in drag), here:

http://www.igs.net/~awhp/ffat6.jpg

http://www.igs.net/~awhp/ffat8.jpg

Worst - Anything Pat Field put GL's female characters in during her run as wardrobe consultant (circa 2002). I still cringe at the memory of Lizzie's tartan skirt, and anything Marah wore.

Honorable mention to RH's 1981 Egyptian ball, where various men with guts and moobs were put into slave costumes.

http://www.igs.net/~awhp/AWVL%20June%201998%20-%20December%201998_files/ffxl75.jpg

Oh, and AW's 1986 costume party, which had poor short-loved Rhonda Lewin Vicky in a hideous outfit. You can also see Felicia in one of her most WTF!!! outfits EVER.

Archived