Days Promo: Jennifer/Daniel/Jack

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jennifer just gets worse and worse with each episodes she's in, always treating Jack like sh!t and being a bitch to him, even when a scene between them is supposed to come off nice or sweet. Do the directors tell MR to act like that or what? I find it really disappointing & sad, Jenn is being ruined with this S/L IMO. Cold bitch.

Also why does that promo end with a Jack/Jennifer happy promo pic and then one of Daniel by himself looking happy to? How does that go with the content in the promo at all? Annoying.

• Members

It's more the story than the promo. The story is, essentially - look at how noble and wonderful Daniel is. He really loves Jennifer! Look how delusional Jack is. Poor Jennifer can't be with the man she loves.

I just don't get it. If the story is about the great love of Daniel and Jennifer, then why not keep them together, and give Jack a new story? Is there anyone out there who loves Daniel more and loves Daniel/Jennifer more because Jack is back and pining for her?

The all around acting in that clip is poor but Reeves bothers me the most - she has absolutely zero spark in her work. I don't know why she's a leading heroine at this point.

• Members

Well it wouldn't surprise me. I guess at least she isn't orange.

The other problem is that I think the subtext is there to show Jennifer torn between the two men, saying she loves Daniel, but mostly being afraid to be with Jack again.

That isn't being acted - instead she just seems to see Jack as a burden/annoyance. It's very odd. I mean, that's how some people see their exes, but that doesn't make for much of a triangle.

• Members

I think she is one of the best things in daytime. Her character is just so different from the assembly line current daytime heroine where they are all the same with the snark when needed, not quite evil but willing to scheme, selfishness built in and portrayed as a virtue...Jennifer is a nice woman, and there are very few of those left in soaps.

• Members

For me I think this kind of story is just the same tedoius ish they have done for Jennifer for years and it just doesn't work. And Missy Reeves has been just awful. Jennifer is not even likable anymore. She, not SC is the weak link here. Her strongest work since her return has been with Crystal CHappell. I think this is the worst story in the reboot and its not imaginative, creative, or different at all. They should have given Jack a confidant or shoulder to lean on or some new twist. This entire reboot has been disappointing barring the stuff with Sami and will. even the stuff I was enjoying like the mayors storyline and Kates story has become flat.

• Members

I dont blame her. The writers give her the same storyline whenever Jack is around. This relationship is an annoyance and its too bad not much has changed. I wish Days would get over the supercouple mentality bc I think Jack and Jennifer hold each other back and its regression when both can and should be moving forward

Archived