Before X-mas kindness kicks in: grade the shows

• Members

How would you grade the soaps right now? From A to F.

(Of course, only the soaps you watch, at least a few times here and there)

B&B: C.

Too much ups and downs. Hope & Liam just don't do anything for me, and since B&B is so horribly focused on them I just can't bring myself to give the show more than a C.

GH: F.

It's a circus or blah. I would instantly give the show a C if Sonny & Carly could get together again though.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS: B. It's up, it's down, but I always find something to like. The "reboot" has been a very mixed bag, though there are glimmers of hope for it.

AMC: B+. This show went out in a blaze of, if not glory, pride and its head held high. Susan Lucci's turn as Jane Campbell demonstrated that after 41 years in daytime she can still surprise an audience. I loved the finale, even though it wasn't the ending that Erica Kane wanted.

GH: F. An utter clusterfuck of [!@#$%^&*].

B&B: B. Definitely enjoyable and the show that never bothers me, even when it's bad. It's light, fluffy and pointless. But it's fun and easy to watch.

Y&R: D. It isn't as bad as GH only because veterans like Jess Walton, Melody Thomas Scott and Jeanne Cooper work their craft and give performances I like to watch. Otherwise, the writing has never been worse, the focus is on all the wrong people and it's just in dire straights. Only a complete cull of the producing and writing teams could save this show...and even then, I think it may be hopeless.

• Members

Y&R- Solid B

Sure it has it flaws, but I actually am starting to enjoy it again. I've always liked Patty and Stacey Hiduk. I like Billy and Victoria, I also am glad Devon has a story. I love the Avery/Phyllis story, and I am very thankful for Jess Walton and MTS back. The #1 reason why I am enjoying the show again is because Lily isn't on as much anymore.

The Bad- Too much Victor, letting go of Colin, too many new characters, too many characters that have no storylines- (Heather, Ricky, Eden, Michael, Lauren, Noah, Daniel, Abby, Neil. Sophia) Sharon was in Jail way too long, I like Genevieve now that she isn't loony.

B&B- B+

The Good- The show can always make me laugh, and yell at the tv. It is campy and fun. I love Bill/Steffy/Katie, I am liking Pam getting her backbone, and I am liking Thomas and Hope. I loved the "magical Berries" storyline, and Taylor and Thorne. VS Ridge. I also enjoyed Amber's antics and the birth of Rosie.

The Bad- Too much Liam/Hope/Steffy, too many rushed break ups- Jackie and Owen, Justin and Donna Whip and Taylor. Too many rushed relationships- Steffy/Liam, Owen/Bridget, Taylor/Thorne. B&B it isn't and has never utilized their whole cast. Oliver has basically disappeared, Rick has no point, Marcus and Dayzee, Amber is basically gone, Jackie and Eric are finally being used, and the Grand Dame of the show is hardly on (Stephanie)

• Members

B&B----C-. When it's rolling, it's a solid B. When it's boring, it sinks to a D. Right now the only plot worth watching is Steffi vs. Katie, and that's a lot of airtime that's going to waste.

OLTL---B. Even when it's good, it always stays just a little too long at the party and becomes that last guest you want to throw out on their ear.

Y&R---H. The only F this show deserves is a big FU. I've never seen a show in such poor shape other than the last few years of GL.

Archived