Most realistic grieving processes on soaps

• Members

Don't forget the arc where Mary's spirit, played by the returning Kate Mulgrew, appeared to Jack as a sort of manifestation of his hesitancy with moving forward with Leigh Kirkland. Their last scene together, when Mary tells Jack he's ready to let go, always leaves me in tears whenever I re-watch it on YouTube.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that this thread was made exactly a year after Zach "died" ;-P Coincidence? I thought Kreizman & Swajeski did a fantastic job showcasing Kendall's grief especially in those first 3-4 months. The Ricky Torres S/L kind of put a damper on things for me though. I really wish he was not created. Thinking back, it dragged on way to long, though I did love the thrilling ending. It really should've happened at the end of April though

Great scenes here of Kendall grieving, especially @ 12:36

• Members

Primetime soap, but the absolute best IMO was Karen "letting go" of her first husband, Sid, on Knots Landing. Sid's death was extremely unexpected, and Knots waited a season before they had Karen get a new man. In the mean time, they gave Karen the "letting go" speech, when she took her wedding band off for the first time after Sid's death. It's the only time in Knots Landing history when I recall the over the top Michele Lee (whom I love, but it's a wonder she doesn't gain weight chewing the scenery) giving an extremely understated performance.

• Members

That was very well done. I thought they did a good job with Bobby's "death" and Gary's breakdown, until they had to drop it. Laura's death had some very tender moments, unfortunately spoiled by some actors who decided to ham it up and overshadow the whole point.

Archived