DAYS: Ian Buchanan Joins The Cast

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ian-Buchanan-Days-1039238.aspx

Exclusive: Ian Buchanan Joins Days of Our Lives

Nov 2, 2011 10:10 AM ET

by Michael Logan

One of our all-time favorite soap hoppers is making his way to Salem! Daytime Emmy Award winner Ian Buchanan — a veteran of All My Children, The Bold and the Beautiful, Port Charles and General Hospital — is joining the cast of NBC's Days of Our Lives. A Days rep tells TV Guide Magazine that the popular Scotsman will play a character named Ian McAllister, a mega-rich businessman with a powerful and dangerous hold over cosmetics mogul Madison James (Sarah Brown).

This isn't Buchanan's first time at Days, by the way. In 2001, he was among several hotshot daytime players who were recruited to play European royals at the coronation of Princess Greta. But, basically, he was a glorified extra. In addition to his vast suds experience, Buchanan was also a cult fave on Twin Peaks, It's Garry Shandling's Show and the Cartoon Network series Justice League, where he voiced the role of Superman's arch foe Ultra-Humanite.

Buchanan starts shooting Days on November 14 and is expected to hit the air February 9.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess this is another short-term role? It sounds like he's going to be a generic bad guy type. I hope Sarah Brown isn't going to have to play out another story about molestation - this sounds like her story on GH with Stephen Macht.

Archived