OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 24

• Members

I loved Nora and Tea today! I want to see more of Nora at work. I appreciate any storyline for her considering we almost lost her during the Higley era. Hilary B. Smith is the actress who made me fall in love with OLTL so I'll always love anything involving Nora.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The main difference I see between Cutter and Jared is that very soon after Jared came on the scene he became centered and his motivation was primarily about his attraction to Natalie. He was torn between his scams and wanting Natalie but I saw him struggle. They've told a similar story for Cutter and Aubrey. I just don't care about Aubrey and they never really developed the "love". Cutter is Jared light and I don't know if the writing is more to blame or the performance or just the circumstances and the trappings.

• Members

I didn't mention or compare Jared to any other character. Personally, I liked the character. I'm just going by what people write on the message boards. Rest assured down the line we'll probably be reading how great a character Cutter was.

Gabrielle filler? Seriously? Ok, gotta stop here. Way off topic.

• Members

Oh. I got that. I was the one who drew the comparison because I see obvious similarities in the "type" of character. Jared was just much better conceived and integrated into the cast, and he was always written as grey.

As for the Gabrielle quip, I just meant that any character you're not personally invested in becomes lumped into that filler category. Something the viewer neither really hates nor loves, but is simply a part of the overall fabric of the show. Nothing against the character personally. I was just never that into her. The way I feel about the characters at any given point in time is wholly reliant upon their current story and who they're in conflict with at that point. And then there's Natalie, who could probably lop off Kelly's head and put it on a stake and I'd still love her (perhaps even more, hee).

• Members

Am I the only one that was rooting for Cutter? I was rooting for him to beat Rex up and for him to get some money. I dont care that he's taken advantage of Gigi and messing with Rex's head. Bo threatening to have Cutter arrested for extortion trading info on Gigi for money while defending Rex who withheld an organ for money.rolleyes.gif

• Members

For me, Nora jumped the shark when she told Natalie she couldn't get her marriage to Mitch annulled so Nat had to stay married to known socio-psycho killer-rapist until she got around to it. GMAFB. Nora had no problem ending her own marriage overnight to the gay-bi serial killer whose name escapes me right now. RME Nora's been turned into the show's go-to hypocrite in a town filled with them.

Viki/Clint: If the viewer didn't know who these characters ARE in 2011 and didn't know all the heinous things convicted-felon Clint did in the past two years to Viki, her husband and family, it was entertaining in a superficial way IMO. Two very attractive vets having to suddenly pretend nothing has changed between their characters since 1991. That's not my idea of ''romance'' more than it's signalling that a very forced reunion is coming just to end the show quickly. The opening part was too juvenile and lame to be funny to me. That happens a lot with Ron's attempts at ''comedy.''

• Members

I would not call myself a Cutter fan, but I do think it's a little refreshing that he's being written as rather grey. The writers have kind of kept us guessing, is he good, is he bad, little of both, without going the hammer over the head Ford road to redemption. I mean, this could all be the writers figurng it out as they good, but at any rate, today I've noticed that I'm a little more interested in his motivations here.

I love Tina being home.

Will Matthew wake up before or after she has the dern baby??

Archived