OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 24

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was the same way in court when she was working on Eddie's case. This was typical of her. She is a joke nad needs to be fired already. Id welcome her being back to being a defense lawyer. At least then she wouldnt be in a position where she has to make a mockery of the law and look like a fool as a result of the person she's prosecuting.

I dont think she feels bad for him. She hates Todd, period. Now she knows TSJ isnt the Todd that terrorized her years ago and now she's faced off against the man that she actually had the history with and is in a position to make him go down. If they left TSJ's character as Todd and RH was playing someone new, she wouldnt be saying anythign to the effect of feeling bad for TSJ

• Members

If she doesn't genuinely bad for him, that's almost even worse, since she's lying about this man who raped her friend and taunted her friend over and over.

I think they feel like we need to see Nora as this heinous hypocrite who is so mean to poor Todd and assorted ciphers like Destiny and the Fords. If people have seen her that way all along, I can't blame them, but she used to be a great character a long time ago.

• Members

Nora's been a self-righteous, flaming hypocrite since she threw Todd's trial in 1993. Covering up Matthew's crime is no different than her covering up for Rachel in 1998. I just think decades of self-righteous hypocrisy has strained viewers patience with Nora. I only enjoy her when she's sparring with Téa.

Anyhoo, still floving ES/JVD bantering and flirting. Viki & Clint haven't entertained me this much together in years.

The courtroom scenes were horrid. RH and the writers continue to let me down as there is no rage or intensity there... sigh...

Nora surprised me when she grabbed Téa's hand today! I love me some Nora vs Téa .. and boy was Téa the one to flinch today.

• Members

He was a beloved character to me. I don't know how most of the audience felt about him and I don't get into the whole "most of us" game because I realize that I don't represent any subset of the overall viewing audience. Or I guess a subset of 1 out of 2.5 million viewers. But I see people all the time bemoaning the loss of Gabrielle or Luna or Skye or Kish and all of those characters were just filler to me. So who gets to decide who is or is not a beloved character? There was a portion of the audience who loved Jared just as much, and possibly more than any other character on the show. That doesn't mean anything. There's a portion of the audience who has deigned Ford to be their favorite character. The question is, are there more people who love him than hate him? I don't know and don't claim to. BTW. I think Kish, Stacy, Kim, Rachel, and Schuyler were the mass exodus that was shed to make room for GT. And I really do like and admire GT, but the character was a waste of space long before this last hurrah. Jared wasn't. He created story for a lot of other characters I care about (Dorian, Clint, Natalie, Jessica, Rex) through his introduction and he impacted a lot of stories unlike Kelly who just sucked up screentime and resources and every story was all about her. Name a story she created for anyone else? They tried to pull other characters into HER stories and they all fizzled. Name one other character who was actually elevated to the frontburner because of Kelly. You can't say that about Jared. He served a purpose and I think he was a very successful introduction by all standards.

Compare and contrast Jared to Cutter. Two very similar characters, but unlike Jared, Cutter is isolated with other characters I'm not that sure the audience is very invested in. While Jared was interacting with Clint, and Natalie and and Jess and Viki/Charlie (arguably core characters), Cutter is operating in a pod with Aubrey, Kim, Gacy (because the Morasco Fiasco was a serial killer) and Rex. If there were more time (and I guess with OLTL 2.0 there is more time) Cutter might become more integrated into the core structure of the show.

• Members

There was a clear story for Jared from early on. Cutter has never had a clear story - it's always just been about generic money schemes and a lot of creepy smirking. Jared was also fairly different from the other men on the show, whereas Cutter is just like most of the other men - misogynist, sleazy, plastic. Add in the lack of chemistry with most of the people around him, and it's a big dud.

Archived