ALL: Non-Exits

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forgot they still had to deal with Christine's decision.

I just find it so weird that such a long-running character left and wasn't given even one episode. No reaction from Phyllis that her son was going away, no goodbye to Chris, nothing. Felt kind of un-Y&R. Of course, the show had so many things going on at the time, but surely they could have afforded some scenes?

• Members

Malcolm left town about the same time Lily did, and without her Malcolm felt no need to stay. Shemar's final scenes was saying goodbye to Lily after she came back from being on the run and gave her a pep talk about her future.They tried to get Moore to stay/come back quite unsuccessfully obviously because just six months later the show proceeded to move forward with Lily's paternity story anyways upon Lily's return. By that time Malcolm was off on a photo shoot in Africa or something.

• Members

Jeff Wigdor played Eli. He'd previously played Ava's son JJ on Loving, I believe. I liked the idea of Carlotta taking in an HIV-positive boy with a huge chip on his shoulder, especially since this caused a lot of conflict with Cris. There are a few scenes of him on Youtube.

He disappeared in early 1998, which was after Marty had already left. Paloma, the girl she bonded with, died in fall 1995, if I remember correctly - that's one of the reasons she went on a downward spiral and ultimately fled to Ireland and met Patrick.

It was more of a comic/silly type of scene.

• Members

Pretty much everything.

He spent the majority of his second run offensively harassing Drucilla, propping Lily & engaging in a weird love triangle with Samurai Chemist Porter & his estranged ex wife.

By the time Y&R was actually ready to give him something worthwhile to do (Lily's paternity) he was done (and the fact that he felt he'd "outgrown" Daytime by that point anyway certainly didn't help matters).

Archived