ALL: Non-Exits

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The worst case I ever saw was John Dixon on ATWT. Here was someone who drove storyline for years, and one day he's just gone...with no explanation. And would it have killed TPTB to give Dr. Ben Harris a short farewell, after so many years on the show?

• Members

1. Mimi did the abortion in secret after in a conversation with Rex says he doesn't want kids and on the advice of her mother.

2. Mimi gets an infection from the abortion and due it complications from it was left unable to have kids.

3. Mimi nearly loses it and is haunted by her dead child.

4. Jan discovers about Mimi's secret abortion and blackmails her into doing her bidding for about a good year

5. Rex suddenly changes his mind about having kids.

6. Mimi's character is completely destroyed as she goes to great lengths to cover it up, betraying friends and going to jail on attempted murder charges, forcing Mimi to become the town pariah.

• Members

I was a casual viewer of Passions and I remember reading that Eve's sister Liz didn't get an exit. Amelia Marshall was dropped to recurring, then at some point she said in SOD that she was told weeks after shooting what ended up being her last scene that the show wasn't going to need her anymore. I always found this as weird because it wasn't long after it was revealed that Chad was her and Alistar's son (I think he raped her).

• Members

On Guiding Light, Phillip's sister Samantha Marler didn't get an exit in 1992. Suzy Cote either quit or was let go after the Daniel St. John story, and SOD said that the show hoped she would stay on a recurring basis but she didn't. When a reader complained about her non exit weeks or months later, SOD said it was assumed she was still in town but not seen. I could be wrong, but I could swear at some point Ross mentioning her going to law school. I was always surprised they never mentioned or brought her back during Phillip and Harley's battles as she used to be Harley's best friend. I do have questions for fellow GL fans-does anyone remember Bea Reardon getting a proper exit, because I don't. What about when Maureen Garrett left after Jon Conboy dropped her to recurring, not to be scene for months until Ross and Blake remarried? Or after that debacle with Sebastian? I don't remember Robert Gentry getting an exit as Ed in 1997/98 either.

• Members

Y&R

Sandra Nelson's Phyllis

Lynne

Diane

Olivia

Miguel

Sierra

Christine

Logan

Maggie

Gina

B&B

Ziggy

Kristen

Tony

Zende

Tricia

Hudson

Bridget

Oscar

Jimmy

Amber

Samantha

Caitlin

Steffy & Phoebe

Thomas

Massimo

Harry

Dante

Hector

Pam

Constantine

Clarke

Beth

Stephen

Felicia

Clarke again

Bridget again

Aggie

Rick

Whip

To name a few.

• Members

I think that was JER since Kate and Roman found out during the serial killer story they were Rex and Cassie's biological parents. Higley was head writer for a few months in 2003 than returned in 2008, Cassie and Rex had already been written off by than and have never been mentioned since. JER was also responsible for the whole Mimi abortion thing as well.

• Members

I was annoyed at the time with Samantha, because I liked her and she just faded away.

I don't think any of those characters had exits. Meta didn't either - if you missed the episode where JvD said a few words about Mary Stuart you may have thought Meta vanished with no reason.

Archived