ALL: Non-Exits

• Members

I didn't get to see every episode even when I watched GH, but I always wondered how or if they explained the exits/absences of Dan Rooney, Nurse Jessie, Amy Vining, Brian and Claudia Phillips, Lee and Gail Baldwin, Howard Lansing-- or the Bucket of Blood or the Floating Rib

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DTB's Thomas disappeared when he was first dropped to recurring in early 2006.

Pam was on contract in early 2007 and disappeared mid-storyline until she resurfaced as a psycho during the 'Who Shot Stephanie' storyline later that year.

Stephen and Beth both vanished in late 2008 after Robin Riker wasn't well-received as Beth. It was mentioned later that they had moved back to Paris.

• Members

Actually Sandra Nelson's Phyllis did get an exit in early '99 when Diane pushed her out out of town after Jack ended their first fling. If you mean Susan Walters' Diane she moved to Chicago or something, and I think we had Lynne go off to visit her mother but the rest you're right about.

• Members

Yes. Unfortunately her last episode was partially preempted because of the Lewinsky hysteria which was just breaking at that time. She said goodbye to everyone at the boarding house, and she had a very tender goodbye with Stuart before she left. It was nice, very true to the character.

• Members

No, he hasn't. There was a lot of speculation that he was killed in the explosion at Holiday's but I swear I saw him after that.

Anyway, we should also add Clem Moultrie and Ramona Gonzalez from Ryan's Hope. Ramona was, in pre-show material, included as an important character, but served as a third level supporting player, at best, before vanishing without mention after about six months. Clem lasted for two and a half years before he also vanished, without explanation. It's a shame (about Clem anyway).

• Members

Would much rather have seen a Sam Marler recast then the annoying Minnie Mouse Marina Cooper...would have been interesting to see someone caught between her old friend and her brother..but then Davey would have had to write less of a cartoon and more human emotions. I never understood why Wheeler watched the ratings drop and kept overloading the show with Coopers...was their a contingent of fans out there saying they just had to see Frank and Marina?

Bea Reardon did get a quick right off the first time around. She had a little storyline where she was lonely and thinking off selling the boarding house and moving into a condo but Lujack or someone found some old man to move into the boardinghouse to have coffee with her..I kid you not. So we saw less and less of her as they switched from writing for the Bauers and the Reardons to all Reva and all Lewis all the time. She left I think that winter leaving Company and the BH to Kurt and Mindy, so the last thing we see of her is with her coat and suitcase taking a taxi to Tony and Annabelle as they needed her as Annabelle had a kid. Later they brought her back when Mo went to visit them and we saw Bea giving her advice about how to deal with Claire and Michelle situation. The second time they brought her back was when Long had left and then she came back and we just never saw her again...Mo would mention her like when Johnny Bauer was dying she would say, "Mom is at home saying her rosary and lighting a candle for you." etc. Long really had it out for the Reardons (and I cant believe I remember that.)

Holly never got an exit either time. She simply disappeared. It was especially weird when the Sebastian thing...they were building up this big story about a fight fro Spaulding and Holly sold Alan her paper for a place on the Spaulding board. Seb met with Josh (loaded with weird sexual undertones ) to take on Alan and they mentioned Holly and Blake getting caught in the crossfire. The most interesting story they had they just dropped, and it was never mentioned again, which is weird as it would have given Josh something different then just holding Reva's purse, given Blake and Ross something to do, and MG in one scene with RR, showed more chemistry and got more out of him then all the other women including Zimmer and Watros they paired him with. RR finally in that once scene stopped being "Gramps," Spaulding or a mustache twirling cartoon villain, and showed some Alan charm. Gentry's Ed just disappeared too. Which was also weird, I didnt think he was bad...PS will always be Ed to me but I never really liked him as Ed, he always had that fish lip thing going and you could see Holly, Rita etc, getting hot over Gentry's Ed.

• Members

I liked Frank, but I never liked Marina.

What happened with Johnny Bauer's parents? I know that they were both around at one point, when he was dying, but after that I only saw his father, and that was somewhat fleetingly (I think at one point he owned Company didn't he?).

• Members

They disappeared too. Which is weird, Long brought these "made up," Bauers on the show, but wouldnt bring back Hope and Mike??? The mother was very Bea Reardonish and they ran the Boardinghouse while Hawk and Sarah ran Company.

Archived