B&B: October Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if KKL has a contract with a smaller salary but more episode guarantees, or if she has it all. Even this week, she'll spend every single day (Mon--Fri) discussing about Hope and Steffy with other people. It is crazy how much they're using KKL.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mother used to watch soaps and became a soap hater during the last decade. She currently misses AMC despite hating it to the end, so I was talking to her during B&B today which she was watching. She was talking about it so I tuned in. She was feeling so bad for Hope, and she wanted to believe Liam was feeling bad. But I didn't see that.

Poor Hope. As awful as that was to see, I will admit this takes me back to the early 2000s of soaps where at leat some effort was put into writing the drama.

WTF with Liam doing this? Does Steffy even love Liam?

• Members

I didnt feel bad for Hope. Its for the best. She's still young and losing Liam isnt the end of the world. I wonder what she will do now and if she willr espect this marriage. Love it or hated it, Steffy and Liam are married. Will Hope compromise her morals and have an affair with him? Will she become a homewrecker and try to destroy this marriage?

• Members

I can't believe Steffi got married in combat boots and a mile long train. *eyeroll*

All of Taylor's posturing is ridiculous. This "bond" and "chemistry" developed in about two days, L.A. time.

And EVERYONE has been stuck in the FUGLIEST clothes for two-ever-lovin' weeks.

Is it just my inner Star Trek geek, or does that spot (and Steffi's futuristic dress and the landing pad they're standing on) look like the spot ST: First Contact used when Efrem Cochrane met the Vulcans?

• Members

I think Hope will give this marriage all the "respect" it deserves, which is none. I don't think that means she'd be a homewrecker, not when Liam has spent the entire day with Steffi thinking about Hope, and Steffi lied up, down and sideways, manipulating the situation with Bill and clearly not trusting the man she's "bonded" with to make a decision with all the facts.

My guess is it'll take six weeks for Steffi to implode, at which time she'll probably invest in a pregnancy pad.

• Members

I think I'm supposed to be rooting for Hope/Liam, but I'm not. Liam has a brain of his own presumably. No one put a gun to his head and forced him to shag Steffy and marry her and then shag her some more. Granted he was manipulated by Steffy and Bill, but so what? You don't marry someone because you are on the rebound, unless you are a complete idiot!!

I'm sorry that my beloved Steffy is selling herself so short. I'd like to blame sexist writing, but I'm not sure I can. Sure, we've got Steffy settling for a guy who loves someone else more. Then we have Hope blaming herself for the fact that her fiance married someone else, within days of breaking up with her. It all makes a case for deplorable, sexist writing, except that Liam is a man, and he's the dumbest, most pathetic character I have seen in a good long time. Are we really supposed to see this idiot as the victim? Is he incapable of saying "No"? I don't think so. He thought he lost his chance with Hope and Steffy is hot and available so he CHOSE to go with it. God, I hate him. Love Scott Clifton though.

• Members

I hope they do something with Rick though and they dont pull an Amber with him. You know hiring him to do nothing for months before they actually give him a story. I thought he would be thrust into the Forrester war, which has all but sizzled away. Instead all he does is work as a prop for Hope

• Members

The Rick/Hope scenes are the only good thing about this one-trick SL that makes 1950s soap operas look positively cutting-edge. In fact, JY and KM have a lot more chemistry together than they really should. Jacob Young used to have wildly inappropriate chemistry with KKL back in the day, too, lol.

• Members

Not gonna lie, I'm almost shipping Rick and Hope. laugh.png

What a difference it makes when not everything is focused around Liam and his humongous blue balls and tiny brain. Katie's reaction was fantastic and I just love Heather Tom. Bill needs to stop speaking while chewing. it's a pet peeve of mine and it honestly makes me wanna throw up.

The Eric and Stephanie scenes were fantastic. Very realistic and I'm very curious to see where this is heading. I'm thinking my initial reaction when first having read the spoilers are thankfully completely off base.

Archived