OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 19th

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though I've seen earlier episodes and clips, I know Cord mainly from that 1993 era and admit never got the love for him. He always seemed nice, but I kinda remember him never really having ANYTHING to do or a strong presence. That was the Cain/Tina/Cord triangle right? in which I actually always felt that Tina and Cain had more going on.

• Members

It wasn't a triangle IMO. Tina had some brief pull towards Cord again but was mostly just in love with Cain. I don't believe Malone had any strong interest in Tina or in Cord - I think he just enjoyed writing for Cain, and Tina was a part of that. It's one of the reasons why Tina became dilluted as a character. She lost most of her purpose and was just part of the plot, which is why they ended up heavily damaging her when Krista Tesreau arrived.

The Cord of Loprieno's first run is, I would say, very special. I think Rauch is the only one who got Cord or Tina, separately or together.

• Members

I've wondered for a few years now if the show didn't want to lose Nash - they just had issues with the actor - so they were waiting to find a new Nash-type character. Both Cutter and Ford have somewhat similar stories - the con artists who are actually sweethearts deep down, and Ford loves Tess, as Nash did.

• Members

If I can't have Jess & Brody, I'd have accepted Cutter far more easily than Ford. I don't see Ford as a con artist but a player and big user. Cutter is the con artist out for cash. He wasn't screaming at Jessica to have a breakdown so he could get his hands on her alter like Ford was.

Archived