AMC: First look at actresses return

• Members

Carol Burnett :)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Carol-Burnett-AMC-1036551.aspx

110822mag-burnett1.jpg

Here comes trouble! Queen of comedy Carol Burnett is back on her fave soap, ABC's All My Children, for her fifth stint (airing September 6 and 7) — and she's just in time for the Pine Valley High School reunion! Burnett's much-loved character, conniver Verla Grubbs (last seen in 2005), is intent on getting her hooks into old flame Sam Brady (Jason Kincaid) and wants to make sure her rival Opal (Jill Larson) doesn't land him first. Not even the mighty Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) can stop her!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same here. This is what AMC should be doing right now, not the lame-ass "Walking Dead" pastiche w/ David. Only drawback? It reminds us of when AMC used to be good (and good at this), and how far it has fallen. :-(

• Members

It's kinda hard for AMC to do mini-arcs with characters no longer on canvas considering their solution over the last 10 or so years in writing people off was to kill them.

I read "Sam Brady" as "Sami Brady" lol.

• Members

I don't think Verla attended, either, but I could be wrong.

It might be a situation where Verla's back in town for something else and learns Opal is attending the reunion with Sam, who might've attended PVH and probably asked her to be his date.

Also, given the circumstances (i.e., AMC's cancellation), this "reunion" is probably more to celebrate either PVH's anniversary or its closing -- hence, Erica's involvement -- specifically, Verla asking for her help in luring Sam away from Opal.

It's a shame, though, David chose Mike Roy to be the former boyfriend of Erica's to revive (possibly). This story is crying out for the return of Chuck Tyler, Phil Brent and Tara Martin!

• Members

Who exactly is Sam? I'm ashamed to even ask such a question because I should know this. The name sounds vaguely familiar. Never mind, I read the other thread.

I didn't really mean short-term arcs about past characters. I've always sorta wanted to see a soap do sort of a staggered conclusion, where characters, in order of importance/prominence (least to most) are given their proper send-offs over the final two months or so, and at the end, there could be some kind of big bash or whatever to end it for good. Like, they could have written Colby and Asher out at the end of July, then Natalia could have made her return appearance to get Brot, Scott and Madison could be set in their happy ending (while just going into the background), so on and so on. They could bring in past characters if they chose to.

I wonder what Joe and Ruth are going to be doing when they come back.

Archived