PEOPLE Magazine: The All My Children Issue & Cover...

• Members

To cover my ass a bit, I'd totally get the OLTL one, too, if they were to do one. People probably won't, but SOD should definitely feel obliged to put something nice together.

I wasn't making the argument that Greenlee/Leo deserve to be on the cover, just commenting that instead of going with the more current/contemporary faces of SMG and Josh (Greenlee just happens to be tethered to Leo), they chose to go old school and cater to older viewers. It wasn't something I would expect.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we all have our idea of who should be on the cover. I understand going with Cliff/Nina and Greg/Jenny because they were "supercouples" (man, have I've grown to hate that term) back when the audience was huge. Plenty of people who haven't watched in decades still remember them. Obviously I would've included Jesse/Angie too but that would've meant the cover was packed with pictures from "then" and they obviously wanted someone from "now." There really aren't any couples from the last ten years who have that level of recognizability no matter how hard Frons has pimped them because people just stopped watching. Although if I had to choose a more recent couple, I'd go with Haley/Mateo but it looks like they went with the ABC-sanctioned pic of CamMat. So be it.

• Members

Oh I don't, no way.

they will get the SOD/SOW treatment but not people.

I'm so getting this issue, one way or the other. Lord knows what shipping will be but it's definitely worth it.

Susan Lucci looks fantastic!! (jessie and Angie should've been there instead of Cam)

• Members

Well just to be fair, if there's any business that speeding into obsolescence faster than soaps, it's print publishing. A true hardcover issue would be wildly expensive. I don't think any magazine has published a truly hardcover special issue. Look at all the Time/Life/People/Ebony special commemorative editions about Elizabeth Taylor/Princess Di/Michael Jackson/Barack Obama. The publishers just can't afford the cardboard.

Archived