GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

That pantsuit Brenda is wearing is the ugliest thing.  I don't think it was cute even in 1996

I remember Jax blatantly hitting on Lois for a minute.  In front of Ned like an ass.  Part of Brenda/Jax's silly scheme was to make Sonny and Lois jealous by pretending to be together.

Brenda/Jax did get married really quickly.  I don't think they knew each other for more than 4 months lol.  Jax had some pretty good wooing skills back then though.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lol! I question why a 21 or 22 year old woman would wear that even in 1996.  With the chunky shoes, but Brenda did like a pantsuit back then.   And Jax is wearing a beige and cream full ensemble.  Normally, I would say it's just the era, but the show went out of their way to say they went shopping on Rodeo and that's what they got lol.  I am sure it was popular back then, but it looks better suited for a career women in the 70's for sure. 

• Members

Probably.  As was the fact that Jax has the poofiest hair and a similarly ridiculous outfit on for the beach but Brenda decided she needed to make out with that right then lol.  At least Ingo put on a speedo later on in the trip and that was worth it.  I know GH used a special or famous house for that Malibu shoot and I used to see it on other shows and movies and always giggle they were using Jax's house.

She didn't really.  Brenda's deal was she would help Jax get Lois if Jax helped her make Sonny jealous.   I think Brenda even told Ned/Lois about it.  It was devious on Brenda's part to make Jax think she was going along with it, but she never really was.  Nor did she think Jax would get Lois away from Ned.  So basically Brenda's just been playing Jax since 1996 lol..  Idk, Jax never seemed that serious about the Lois thing, but he bought her a huge ring and would openly hit on her for a few months.  

• Members

I am pretty sure Ned pushed Brenda onto Jax by having her return the ring Lois got from him-hence Jax/Brenda's first scene with the pinball machine at the penthouse.  It was all for a very short period of time and they shifted Jax completely to Brenda quickly.  Jax was definitely serious about it at the very, very beginning, but the show must have found out RS was pregnant and/or leaving very soon after IR was cast because it was dropped fast.

Although when they recast Lois with Lesli Kay-Jax did say Lois was the only woman he fell in love with at first sight, but it was in a joking sort of way.  So maybe Lois was always the one that got away for Jax lol. 

I don't specifically remember IR and RS having any great chemistry.  It could have been interesting I guess. IR definitely had much more with VM immediately.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Well, she fills the same role Lois would anyway.  I just don't think anyone could top the quirkiness Rena had.  I think a lot of the things I loved about Rena's Lois wouldn't even work today.  She was just a very specific Labine character and while I do think it's weird Lois isn't around for her daughter at all, I am sort of okay with the memories lol.

But, yeah, Lisa would have been a good choice for Lois.  Making her Lois-lite with a Sonny baby was a mistake.

• Members

I always suspected Olivia was a course correct by Guza or the show. Yes, the Dante story had been percolating and in development for a long, long time - I remember talk of it long before they began casting or referencing it onscreen - but I got the sense someone didn't like Megan Ward/Kate, either some PTB or the network, and suddenly Olivia comes in, begins riding Kate left and right about her life choices and mistakes, Kate's role is slowly phased off the frontburner, and Olivia becomes far more central. I saw it coming miles off. I assumed Guza was all in on Sonny and Kate so maybe it wasn't him pushing it, but he fell out of love with beloved favorites often - Alexis, Nikolas, Jax - so it's not impossible he turned on the character or actress.

I forgave it because I've loved LLC since Loving and The City, and I am very fond of Olivia, annoying behaviors and all. But again, she could leave Ned for Johnny, have Lisa come back as Lois with different hair, and I wouldn't care lol.

• Members

So, I believe Lisa herself said she read for the Lois recast then read again for a possible Brenda recast.  TPTB may have just liked her and thought she was a better 'fit' for Sonny's first love or whatever.

This issue with Megan Ward is always puzzling.  The fans liked her, the character, her hair, her and Sonny.  She was a hit and I felt it was Sonny's best romance outside of Carly/Brenda.  Her story was good.  Someone somewhere must have stepped in and clearly she was not asked back and the show went in an entirely different direction with the character.  I wanted so much in 2010 for MW's Kate and Brenda to be snarky drinking buddies, but she didn't even get to meet her.

If we could never get Rena back (I don't really watch B&B so I don't know how entrenched she is on that show), I would accept LLC.  Honestly, do Rena and Wally even get along?  

• Members

I blame Frons, but we blamed Frons for everything back then. Of course, usually it was true!

I would assume they get along. I've never heard otherwise, but who knows. If Jack and Kristina can be genial, anything is possible.

Speaking of the past, some Wiki stuff lists Finola as coming back for one day - 2/25/1992 - after Monty recast the part for Anna's last month and cut her loose at the end of '91. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Did Finola appear once more after the brief month-long recast with Camilla More? That episode appears to be one of the few missing from the period on YT.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's too bad.  I really like MW's Kate.  What a wasted, interesting character.  Honestly, I would have hate to see MW play that silly DID story so I guess it worked out.

For some reason I thought WK/RS's divorce was pretty acrimonious and, unlike the Wagners, they had very little contact outside their child.

I am curious about the Finola question too.  Interesting.  Could it have been something pre-taped?

• Members

I loved her too. It doesn't help that when they've had her weirdly reprise the role as a ghost or vision of Connie/Kate since then I think MW has done a pretty terrible job, lol. But what can you do with how they eviscerated her character, really.