GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I have no idea how behind the scenes antics go, but the optics to me have always been GF is expendable to TPTB.   I don't think she's going to be written out at this point, but I never thought the show has valued her as much as it should.  

But this show has been off the rails for years.  I am like a charter member of the Sonny Corinthos fan club (it's lessened over time, but the feeling is still there).  He should not be a lead.  The show is about a hospital not mobsters.  I have no idea how we got to this place lol.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

TPTB have seemed to honor and cherish certain male actors over their female counterparts for a long time now. I seriously doubt they ever would have dropped John Beradino from his contract, yhet they had no qualms about releasing Emily McLaughlin and Rachel Ames.

The show bent over backwards to pamper and appease Tony Geary, but never showed Genie Francis the same respect.

And as for your comment that Sonny should not be a lead...YES! A thousand times, THIS. I just fell in love with you, LOL. The show should indeed be about the personnel of the hospital. How it got to center around a greasy, Teflon mobster who never pays for his heinous sins, I will never know.

• Members

Sonny/Brenda/Jax?  Awesome.  Great story.   Sonny can lead his own B stories, but if I was in charge Sonny would have been gone in 1997.   It was the perfect end to his story.  The mob robbed him of the life he wanted the most.  It was fitting.  But here we are.

• Members

The Sonny Saga could have tolerable if it had remained a B story, and ended at its appropriate time, 25 years ago. But the show has just harped on my and retread over the same ground ad nauseum. Enough already, geez!

It's like The Reva Saga on TGL: neverending and increasingly ridiculous and annoying. Reva the Ghost. Reva the Amish Amnesiac. Reva the San Cristobelian Queen. Reva the Clone. Reva the Time Traveller. EGADS, make it stop!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

THIS.

Though I will always have a place in my heart for Kevin/Lucy. And I definitely loved around Christmas when Lucy was definitely pressed when Laura returned because it seemed more about the fact Lucy have Kevin to herself

than Laura interrupting the Christmas event. 

Same.

• Members

Even as Brenda's #1 Fan the story got tiresome.  It's one thing to be young and be confused about Sonny/Jax-it's another to purposely play them off eachother at 40.  And at some point Brenda was doing that full well knowing they would fight over her. 

Anyhow, Sonny never really evolved.  It's always been the same seduction routine.  I understand there is some trouble living up to iconic storylines/pairings that happened right off the bat, but ugh.  I get why Brenda/Carly love him, but he is a great B character not an A character.  

• Members

As funny as the riffs are, I'm also a little obsessed with when Jessie and Cynthia are alone together. Jessie knows exactly what's going to happen and has clearly resigned herself to it, while Cynthia seems to be trying her damndest to not let it happen.

Phil: "I won't be long."

"Jessie": "No kidding. You don't have to tell me."

Indeed.

• Members

When I read on-line reports that Frank has called Mo "the star of the show," it turns my stomach, truly. If anyone on the canvas today deserves that honor, it should be Genie.

True, as things stand right now, at this momednt, Genie Francis and Laura are in a solid place. I know this is a soap and everything can change on a dime without much warning, but...fingers crossed. 

Please register in order to view this content