• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio) was the guest on yesterday's  SOD Podcast. In it she talks about her career in acting and directing. She also mentioned she as well as Shiri Appleby was up for the role of Robin back in 1985. 

AddieCate also has uploaded more episodes of GH from 1994/1995 too.

• Members

I think Denise Alexander needs to come back to reality a bit. If anyone was the Luke and Laura of the 70s, it was Doug and Julie on DOOL. She also mentioned in the same interview about “Another World” hired her for “star power” (her words).

Edited by Chris 2

• Members

I do agree that Doug and Julie were the more iconic duo of the pre Luke & Laura era, I’m sure she is exaggerating here a bit.  Plus she is talking about GH, and Lesley was a big deal on GH,  and Denise was a huge daytime star.

Its hard to imagine now but back then there was daytime famous, ABC daytime famous, and General Hospital famous.  Many mainstream non soap folks knew about Luke & Laura and General Hospital. And anyone that was a major character driving story on GH back then was a huge star for daytime. Denise was used twice in her daytime career to bring in star power- on GH and again on AW.  I’m not saying it was successful on AW, but that’s what they wanted from her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I decided to post this here in case anyone is interested. This is a 1969 episode of Medical Center with Brooke Bundy (GH & Days) guest starring. Carolyn Conwell (Y&R) plays her mother, Peter Donat (Flamingo Road etc...) plays her father, and Michael Brandon plays her boyfriend. Donat was married to Michael Learned (The Walton's) and Brandon was married to Lindsay Wagner (Bionic Woman etc...) at one time.

• Members

Brooke Bundy was everywhere in the late 60's and 70's. I'm sure most viewers would recognize her when she turned up onscreen.

I wonder why she never landed a series? Maybe through choice or she was regarded more as a guest star by producers.

Anyway, I found it odd that she went into daytime in 75 as she seemed to be working steadily at that point in nightime episodics.

• Members

I wondered the same thing too. In a lot of her guest shots she played younger than she actually was. She was already about 26 in that 1969 Medical Center episode and had a daughter and was playing 19. 

In 1973 she did a backdoor pilot with Ken Berry on The Brady Bunch. It was called Kelly's Kids and was going to be a spinoff. I assume the network passed on it. She may gave gotten tired of the rat race and wanted a regular steady gig. She continued doing guest shots even after she started in daytime. She now teaches acting the last I heard about her. She is nearly 80 now. 

• Members

Kimberly McCullough - Robin Scorpio recently did a podcast where she talks about her career. And mentions when she was younger on the set of GH before Stone the actor who played her love interest who was older made inappropriate jokes in front of her. And she went to the producer at the time to get them from having Robin go on a date and to kiss him but the producer didn't hear her out.