GH: Classic Thread

• Members

They should have never made Luke rape Laura if they felt there was some chemistry between them. I suppose the writers figured because L&L had a prior acquaintanship, that would make the relationship marginally passible compared to a random stranger attack. 

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Greetings!

Please register in order to view this content

First time poster! I just stumbled onto this behind the scenes video from 1974!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QJuCXML4w

I wish that we could hear it! The woman seemed really sweet, especially when she was crying at the end!

Can anyone identify all the actors, apart from what appear to be the woman's two children? I recognize Valerie Starrett, Emily McLaughlin, John Beradino, Denise Alexander and Craig Huebing.

Edited by lophil87

• Members

Monty learned her lesson- I don’t think there was ever another rape on the show in either of her tenures.  She didn’t do a lot of damsel in distress type stuff either.  Alan and Monica have some questionable scenes, but I don’t recall if Monica ever vocalized herself as being raped by Alan.

Genie said later that it was date/acquaintance rape before that term was commonly know or used and that the show certainly didn’t handle it properly.

That was so cool.  I guess I don’t think I have seen much of that set in color either.  I didn’t remember it being so blue.

Cool to see all those older actors- and kind of shocking/sad.  Poor Emily aged a lot from this video to 1978.  

• Members

I can’t imagine how thrilling and hard it was to be that young, be given that pivotal a role on a soap opera, have no peers your age on the show and then to become an actual pop culture icon.  The fact that she survived is pretty incredible all things considered.

It’s pretty awful when you compare what was happening on GH to it’s closest clone in those days, which IMO was Days of Our Lives.  Nearly every major female character was raped, and most disgustingly, it often was used as a super couple obstacle.  On GH, until Karen’s storyline they just did not do stories like that after Laura was raped.  I’m not saying stories of sexual violence don’t belong on soaps, they do.  It’s just on DAYS rarely were they as impactful beyond a plot point instead of being a story centered on they character assaulted.