CBS to remake Bewitched?

OLTL_fan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, the Charlie's Angels reboot doesn't look too bad at all... and this coming from someone who hated the second of the two movies. "Full Throttle?" Well, yeah, especially when there's no storyline getting in the way.

The Wonder Woman redux failed for a several reasons: One, because David E. Kelley wanted to David-E-Kelley-ize it, even if it meant ignoring the essence of the story and character. (WW dealing with insecurity about her looks? Please...) Two, because Kelley wanted to "create more drama" by adding a convoluted gimmick: Splitting her into THREE different identities instead of just Diane Prince and Wonder Woman. Three, because the costume looked like some S&M-ish rendition of WW that you might see a stripper at a bachelor party wear...

And finally, because the Adrienne Palicki was a poor casting choice. Even in the scenes that made it around YouTube, she SO did not look the part and seemed very uncomfortable in the role - like there was a big question-mark floating above her head. With the casting alone, when you inevitably compare that to Lynda Carter, who clearly takes ownership of the character from the second she debuts (which is what makes an otherwise implausible character seem "real"), the new version was destined to fail.

• Members

I can't get past how unflattering and unattractive most of the shots of the leading ladies are. It's bizarre. The only one who looks halfway decent is the one who played Maya on GH. People didn't watch Charlie's Angels to say, "They look rough." If they did, Tanya Roberts would have been an icon.

• Members

Though I really love Rachel Taylor, I get what you're saying... But don't get me started on Tanya Roberts... Not only was she less-than-gorgeous, but her character was totally unconvincing as a tough crime-fighter - and therefor so useless! (Didn't many of the plots that season somehow involve her getting into trouble, and then Chris & Kelly having to rescue her ass?) Other than that attention-grabbing publicity stunt of "the search for a new Angel" they did, I could never figure out why they didn't just stick with Shelley Hack as Tiffany. She was just fine in her role... and not to mention beautiful.

Archived