CBS to remake Bewitched?

OLTL_fan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is Hawaii Five O a failure? I don't watch it but its doing ok isn't it?

They fortunately scrapped the planned remake of the Rockford Files with Dermot Mulroney. James Garner was that show

I hate remakes because even with marginal success, they never capture the magic of the original.

• Members

Hawaii 5-0 isn't necessarily a failure, but it's not doing as well as it was suppose to.

CBS may not do a remake. There were some talks about them doing a remake of Wild Wild West.

Just because people say they wish shows today were more like the ones in past, that doesn't mean they want remakes of beloved shows.

• Members

Totally agree that the key to the shows success was Elizabeth Montgomery who can't be replaced, and the fact that the show was totally sincere and for a show like this, logical in its premise. Bewitched wouldnt work as well in these cynical times where every reference has to be ironic. Look at that dumbass Sabrina show..it just never gelled, (besides the fact that it was stupid and the lead actress said every line in the exact same way, as if it was a joke or a set up to a joke)

Also, what new plots could the writers come up with, we have seen each and everyone hundreds of times by now, and even after the 5th year, the original was doing the same plots over and over again, sometimes by barely changing a script.

While the movie bit the big one it was more because of the writers insistence on making the show within the movie. Besides the Darrin part, the movie was pretty well cast and the references to the show were spot on, like someone involved with the production actually loved the old show. Hopefully it will be the poeple involved (and I would love to see Amy Sedaris in an extended take on Gladys Kravitz!!!)

Archived