AMC: Finale Rumor

• Members

I have a hard time believing ABC ever would have cared about doing a 2 hour finale. No soap has ever had a two hour finale and wouldn't that interfere with the news and other affiliates? Or they would end up bumping OLTL.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh...I wish they would get their facts straight. Steven wasn't bisexual. He was gay. In an interview Aaron Spelling mentioned that Steven was the first gay character on nighttime tv....

Totally agree Tim.

• Members

Carl It's not to hard to imagine a two hour finale for AMC. All they would have to do is bump OLTL. No other soap got a two hour finale but has any other soap had the our pouring of fan support the way these ABC shows got when they got the good ol ax? Example P&G shows?

• Members

The magazines this week are also reporting that the final episode is being aggressively re-written while AMC is on hiatus. So whatever AN and LB had originally written to allow the show to continue obviously wasn't enough for PP.

The people I feel really bad for in all this are people like my mother and grandmother who will not (in the case of the former) and cannot (in the case of the latter) watch the show online, but who have watched AMC from the beginning. They are going to get a big FU come September 23rd.

And what about the scores of viewers who will never even know about the show moving online? The average viewer is not that plugged in to what's going on. They don't go on message boards, they don't buy magazines. They don't know a thing about this and probably never will. Heck a slew of viewers probably don't even know the show is going off the air September 23rd! They are going to tune in excitedly on the 26th after this massacre cliffhanger and find a panel of schmucks discussing the best way to make gravy.

• Members

I thought ABC had been running ads for The Chew for a while now.

I don't know if the finale will change that much from what Nixon said a few months ago - they'd have some cliffhangers.

Hopefully they will at least give the address for the PP website during the last episode, or after.

• Members

Steven Carrington went back 'n forth. I do believe (I didn't see it) that in the 1991 reunion, they had him paired up with a man. That doesn't mean he's flat-out gay though. If he's attracted to both male and female, that therefore makes him bisexual.

And that concludes our human sexuality lesson for the day :)

• Members

The problem with Stephen was that I believe he would repeatedly go back to calling himself gay. There was never any identification on his part as being bisexual. He hated being gay, he then turned straight while with women, only to revert. That's generally how the show presented it, to my memory.

• Members

That's not the point I was making Carl. it's not impossible to believe that AMC "may have" gotten a two hour finally

Thanks Gray Bunny. LOl As a gay man living in this life trust me I know the differences between a gay and a bisexual. A man mexsing with or having feeling for both sex is bisexual

Not that is my main point for today!!

Theuy should start a new. A brand new show for the net and call it All My Internets

• Members

I'm not gonna buy into this at all, at least till we hear more. I mean it seems one of the easiest rumours to suggest or suspect - almost too easy, if that makes any sense.

I got the feeling Stephen was gay but had SOME attraction to women and tried to force that to please people. That's jsut how I read it. But he never seemed to, when being honest with himself, identify as bisexual, but gay.

Archived