AMC: Finale Rumor

• Members

Daytime Confidential is saying that they are hearing Prospect Park is asking LB and AN to end AMC on a life or death cliffhanger to explain some characters absences if certain actors don't stay when the new version of the show picks up.

So would every one who does not continue with the show gonna get killed off? This pisses me off. AN and LB were already were writing the finale to account for the possibility of pick up and now PP might be telling them to write a big stunt, probably just to get viewers to continue to watch.It would have the opposite effect on me.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't buy any of this, especially since there is no idea when the show will even start airing on PP. It's also too much of a minefield. If Susan Lucci doesn't join PP, which she very understandably might not, then they would kill Erica off? That's something which would cause many viewers to never watch again, and they can't afford to alienate anyone.

• Members

Nope they sure can't. I can't believe Agnes as a business woman would remotely do this, she would have to know this would make people not want to watch, also there will be people who won't be able to watch it on the internet, so they will be screwing themselves six ways to Sunday

• Members

PP really need to make some statements soon, because it's getting to the point where more and more people are likely to automatically assume these rumors are true, and never bother to watch the new show.

• Members

PP doesn't have to do anything. If people assume these rumors are true, the actual end of the show will prove them wrong. This craziness only exists here in the online soap echo chamber. Whatever PP says, the Jameys of the world will find a new reason to freak everyone out with more BOMBSHELL conjecture.

• Members

If it is true than PP may think that the cliffhanger would make people tune in to see who lives or dies but I agree that it would probably turn a lot of people off the new version and like you said there are people who can't watch the new version and they would not be getting a good ending.

• Members

They have already planned out and scripted the end of the show. Why doesn't anyone get this. I am not saying the rumor is not true, but what was not understood about what Agnes said when AMC was announced to end. She said wrapping up stories BUT giving a feel of life goes on in the event someone else was interested in picking the show up. Ending it the way a good soap should. As someone who's actually interested in seeing a good ending to AMC on network TV and interested in a hopefully improvedweb version(not interested in it mimicing the current show), it wouldn't cause me to not watch but it certainly is less interesting than the potential the show could have starting fresh in some sense.

And on a side note, are actors really sitting around waiting for Prospect to contact them so then can plan out their futures? What were they all doing 3 weeks ago before this was announced, twittling their thumbs? I just don't buy it.

• Members

Why is this horrifying or shocking to people? The AMC brass have been hinting at something like this since the cancellation announcement. People will not be back. Get over it. Mind you, the show will only survive if they only dump certain people.

• Members

I didn't mean this bloodbath finale as much as I meant the rumors which keep cropping up in various places and seem to cause confusion. One source says the show will start immediately after the finale. Another says January. One says Susan Lucci is definitely going to be involved. Susan herself has never said that. It just seems like there's a void at the moment which is causing some feeding frenzy buildup instead of helping to lay groundwork for the show's premiere.

• Members

+1

These people found out that they were losing their jobs and began to move on to the next step. I'm sure they will listen to whatever PP has to say but for all intents and purposes, they work at the tv equivalent of Borders. A few of them might move on to Books A Million but I doubt anybody feels like their job has been "saved."

• Members

Ok so I watched that clip for the first time. Never was a DALLAS fan so It's the first I've ever heard/seen of the "Moldavian Massacre".

So if something reminiscent to that is really planned for AMC, my favorite show will end with something joyous going on until all hell breaks looks & everyone gets shot up?! Omg angry.gif

LOL. Really don't know what to believe but I want you to be right on this.

Archived