AMC: Mathison on the move, endgame

• Members

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/cameron-mathison-on-amcs-new-life-plus-is-kelly-ripa-returning/2011/07/11/

"But what are the chances that Pine Valley can exist without Erica Kane should Susan Lucci not re-sign? “No, I don’t think they’ve spoken to Susan yet, or any of us,” he relays. “As a cast, we’re all curious about the prospect [no pun intended]. It really depends on whether or not you want to do an online show. There are many variables. We’ll see. It’s too early to tell what will happen but it sounds like they’re really trying to produce this with the same quality has before.”

Could an online version of AMC debut the Monday after its Friday, Sept. 23 finale? “It could,” he hesitates. “But that would be a quick turnaround! They have to renegotiate with everyone. There are no unions online, right? They have to find a non-union crew, but if they can do it, they should.”

Right now, the part-time Good Morning America correspondent is busy with his other day job: he’s currently in New York City taping segments for the morning show – and is interviewing Pine Nuts alum Kim Delaney today for an upcoming TV Guide Network AMC reunion special.

But he’s also gearing up to tape his final scenes in a few weeks before the sudser leaves the airwaves on Sept. 23. “A lot of actors have come back, including Eva La Rue, Josh Duhamel and I think Kelly Ripa is returning as well. I like how they’re wrapping up my character. When I heard Josh was coming back, an idea popped into my head so I talked to Lorraine and Julie Hanan Carruthers. At first they weren’t going to do it, but now they are! I’m really happy with Ryan’s end story. It’s going to be good."

Eek, I hope there's some ambiguity or something with the Greenlee triangle!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really Cameron? What are you basing that on? What are you hearing that makes is "sound" that way?

Because it sounds to me that we are going to spend the next few months reading articles full of conjecture and fanboy wish-fulfillment from various members of the soap press who feel compelled to keep cranking out content so they don't disappear into well-deserved obscurity.

• Members

That mention of a TV Guide reunion special perked my ears up like a burning barn perks up Lassie's.

Maybe the various articles and statements that say that Prospect will be producing the show with the "same quality" it has now? :lol: I think you might be a little bit on edge, my love.

• Members

I can't even find that damn TV Guide Network channel. I really want to see this reunion Cameron mentioned and that dumb Nail Files show. I don't even know if my cable subscriber (Comcast) carries TVG.

Archived