AMC - Friday - July 8, 2011

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fine, then let JR & Annie be a memory, an after thought something Jannie fans made up in their mind but having JR said those words was just unnecessary.

JR & Marissa is not happening, JR and Amanda is not happening so what was the point of having JR utter those words?

For crying out loud, we saw JR break down in tears when Annie was taken away, did he schedule the STD check up appointment on his way home from that encounter?

I don't mind being called a delusional fangurl but there was just no good reason for the writers to have JR say those lines in my humble opinion.

• Members

I have not watched the entire episode, but I hope this "total ass JR" thing is temporary to get Dixie back on the scene. I think JR is in love with the whole "family" thing and everyone shoves the "Carey Women are Love<tm>" down everyone's throats(including his). He is not seeing past that. He thinks Marissa=family. Ugh.

• Members

Yes, I totally agree! JR right now has completely suppressed any feelings or love he felt for Annie in the name of 'family'. He started that family ish even before Annie was committed and now he's still talking about it even after he supposedly got Marissa back. None of the JR/Marissa scenes have really shown any love or attraction between the two of them. Even the morning after, both of them were clothed.

JR is uber obsessed with giving AJ this 'perfect' family unit he envisions, the one that he never had growing up because of the discord between Adam/Dixie/Tad. And he somehow sees Marissa as the ultimate family goddess, a madonna -- not as a sexual object or even a woman he's truly in love with. He has confused 'love' with family. Marissa has become 'Dixie' in his eyes for AJ, and he hasn't delved deeper to really figure out if he loves her or WHY he thinks he loves her.

I'm not even that bothered by JR's stupid line -- "Annie's unstable so who knows who she slept with"-- because JR right now is not at all in touch with his true feelings for Annie. He's brushed them aside all in the pursuit of 'family'. Yes, that line was unnecessary but I guess they're trying to do the 'educational' story about STD's...But so far, I have NOT been impressed with its educational value.

HPV is NOT like clap or other types of std's where it's fairly clear who gave it to whom. It can and usually does take take years to show symptoms. Many times there are no symptoms, and there is NO KNOWN TEST for HPV in males! Up to 50% of males in the U.S. will contract HPV at some point, but usually it will be asymptomatic. In women, HPV will lie dormant for years before sometimes surfacing when a woman gets an abnormal pap. It is close to impossible to EVER figure out who gave HPV to whom or even WHEN it occurred. The only symptom -- outside of abnormal paps or cervical cancer -- is genital warts, and the vast majority of people never get them even when infected with HPV.

So, I'm hoping that the HPV discussion on AMC is more than an argument about who gave it to whom, and more about what this virus truly IS! So far, I have not been impressed with this storyline at all. It is extremely misleading.

• Members

I said MONTHS ago, when David got that text it wasn't about Dixie, it was about Jane. IE. Eduardo Fashionella telling David Jane had whatever it was Jane had, in motion. And then I said he figured it out WAY to easy. I don't think he organized it, nor do I think he KNOWS where Erica is, but I definitely think he knew Jane was a fraud before he ever even interacted with her. The question is why and what could the possible meaning behind it all be?

I can't wait to see today. I'ma mute that [!@#$%^&*] and pretend it's David and Real Erica. ;)

• Members

I'm disappointed that JR would trivialize his relationship with Annie... I loved the two of them together. But I'm not surprised. As it was written, he ended up using her and treating her pretty badly in spite of his feelings. And as someone else pointed out, he can be a real ass when it comes to self-preservation. He can "love" someone (whatever love is for him) one minute, and throw them under the bus the next if things don't go his way... especially when his life is on yet another downward spiral.

As for Amanda, I've always thought her to be one of the "less bright" crayons in the box. So I laughed at her googling of "Sexually Transmitted Disease" - If this is the first she's looked into that phrase, I guess it makes perfect sense that she could have acquired one. :lol:

I'm enjoying the show right now. Not because I'm some mindless fan-boy, or because I'm an admirer of Lorraine Broderick's work (which I am). I'm enjoying it because the direction and the tone has improved... speaking for me. I wish it had hit the ground running a little faster, but I'm attracted to the dialogue and the greater depth.... and I'm totally looking forward to what's planned (and announced) for the coming weeks.

I know that my tastes will be shared by some people, and not shared by others. I won't try to ridicule someone for having a difference of opinion, or claim that their opinion isn't legitimate because they're somehow delusional. I look forward to agreeing with people, and on the other hand, I can - at least from my end - agree to disagree. Hopefully those who disagree can avoid condescending to me because of it. Let's just say my jaw isn't going to hit the floor if that happens to me or anyone else, but being that we're coming to an end (at least on ABC, which is arguably an "ending" for many) - and that we all share a sentimental common ground there, I'm trying to be optimistic about that.

• Members

My guess is Amanda got it from JAKE, who got it from Cara, who ends up having cervical cancer. LH tweeted about some surprising ending for Cara and with her cancer history, this new cancer would be "surprising" in TV talk.

Also, I don't get why Angie is being hounded about David treating her. This is the perfect thing to be "God" for David. He won't screw this up. Also, what could happen to Angie? She becomes MORE blind? I could see if this were perhaps some other kind of treatment, but this time I actually think David is (mostly) on the level. He gets glory if this works. That is worth doing things right to David.

Felicity is spot on about JR. I can't wait for Minx because it gets him out of that orbit and soon he will be in Dixie's.

• Members

I just watched the JR scene wheer he said that and I don't think it was that bad. Annie was hallucinating and delusional, she thought some homeless guy was Scott, she told told JR "it's really you" when she saw him. Who knows what could've happened to Annie on the run and who would've taken adavantage of her.

I still hate that JR said that but it wasn't as mean spirited and destructive as I thought it would be, judging by recaps.

• Members

Thats fine and dandy but that stuff happened weeks after JR was done with her. She wasnt hallucinating people when they were sexually active back in January. She wasnt that messed up for him to think she was sleeping around when they were together with people she didnt know and thought might have been him. He knew she was all about him, dangerously so, but still all about being with just him

• Members

We don't know about what 'unstable' period JR was talking about (right before she tried to kill Marissa? last time she went crazy & wound up at Oakhaven?), nor, if in fact, he actually got tested. He could have been lying about it to Amanda to deflect any blame about the std. And I believe JR/Annie did sleep together on the last night she was in town before she went off on the run with Emma. She spent the night at the Chandler mansion before she tried to kill Marissa in the attic. So being 'unstable' is actually a delicate way of putting that Annie was extremely sick. She was having hallucinations and really, if that's happening, anything is possible.

• Members

I mainly used Annie hallucinating about Scott and being on the run as examples of her losing touch with reality.

However Annie was having hallucinations about Marissa and had lost grasp of reality back in january and february when JR and Annie were still sexually active.

Uggh, I hated that they had JR say it.

Archived