Who would you like to see on AMC/OLTL on the web

• Members

I think his last name is Ringgold.

I said this before but I think this is a very rare opportunity to bring Rachel Gannon back onto the canvas. She never had a chance with Frons. If Frons has less control now then she is a real chance to bring viewers to OLTL who otherwise gave up or were never interested.

I think they should also try very hard to get Tim Stickney onboard.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC:

Susan Lucci

Walt Willey

Michael Knight

Cady McClain

Jacob Young

Daniel Cosgrove

Stephanie Gatchet

Christina Bennett Lind

Sarah Glendening

Debbi Morgan

Darnell Williams

Alicia Minshew

Jordi Vilasuso

Jill Larson

These vets are the most important, imo, and the younger roles can be recast or new characters brought in who are related to the main families.

OLTL

Erika Slezak

Hillary B Smith

Robert Woods

Robin Strasser

Tuc Watkins

They should let go the rest of the deadweight characters and bring back Tina, Max, Gabrielle, Kevin and Cassie. Then they can bring on their kids instead of the current younger cast.

• Members

Oookay, I'll give it a shot with OLTL. Bear in mind, I fully expect any veteran over 25 to likely be recurring at best, but I'd take as much of the three principal leading ladies at AMC and OLTL as I can get:

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Erika Slezak (Victoria Lord)

Robin Strasser (Dorian Cramer Lord)

Dan Gauthier (Kevin Buchanan)

Melissa Archer (Natalie Buchanan)

Austin Williams (Shane Morasco)

THE RECASTS:

Rachel Gannon (or hey, I'll take Daphnee Duplaix if she'll show up)

Joey Buchanan (I'd happily take Chris McKenna)

Jessica Brennan

Joshua Hall

CJ Roberts

Jamie Vega

Jack Manning

Zane Buchanan

River Carpenter

TOTALLY SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY: Kassie DePaiva, Susan Haskell, Roger Howarth, Laura Koffman, Robert Krimmer, Florencia Lozano, Hillary B. Smith, Timothy D. Stickney, Jerry ver Dorn, Robert S. Woods, etcetera

MAYBE LATER:

Sarah Roberts

Tina Lord

Cord Roberts

everyone else

Off the top of my head: The show would be re-focused on the Banner and various workplaces and social strata, as well as the next generation of the various families - Natalie the two-time widower (John would be dead) and single mother considering the family curse, trying to balance the business empire with her nagging attachment to law enforcement. She would constantly be clashing with Kevin, who is raising Zane alone - again - and Clint, who would appear as per JVD's availability.

Jessica's DID would be gone or rather, integrated, but she would have swanned off to Europe to live it up and basically abandon her kids to Viki, Natalie and co., so a Love of Life-esque sibling rivalry would be fully cemented for her return, similar to what we've seen on the air-show recently. Jessica would go to work at the family paper, and the show would focus in on the Banner and its new staff as Viki struggles to prove she can still do the job and avoid the paper being relegated to full digital (shades of the soaps) - she is now viewed as an aging, addled dilettante among the new generation of back-biting, lazy press - and two or three other new leads would carry the bulk of that action depending on Slezak's availability. Jessica would come in and [!@#$%^&*] with the actual decent, dedicated journalists as it becomes clear she has no real interest in the work, and begins fabricating stories.

I'd probably regurgitate a lot of ideas I had for a SOAPnet spinoff - focus on the families, the paper wars, focus on the beat cops, the activists and the artists, the street. Reinvent a sociopolitical canvas around Joey Buchanan (who would have left the priesthood under a mysterious cloud several years ago, and abandoned BE for more community work by Andrew's side) and Rachel Gannon and her teenaged niece Jamie, who would be into both Shane and Jack (who would just be getting out of an institution or something), except Jack would turn up bi. Re-introduce Josh Hall as a schoolteacher with an agenda to romance Rachel - if I could get him, which I couldn't, I'd use Chad L. Coleman from The Wire, and put him at odds with a) a cop who might romance her and B) her uncle RJ. I'd have CJ Roberts arrive fresh from his tour of service as a SEAL to join the force as an openly gay cop (yes, Fish could appear), but he would fall for Larry Wolek's ne'er-do-well grandson, who would be a hell-raising club queen and wrapped up in a major mystery involving the two families, as well as everyone at the papers, everyone in Angel Square, and Judith Light doing a guest bit as Karen Wolek.

I don't count in some people I love here - like Eddie Alderson or Mark Lawson - because I suspect they are done, period. I'd love to have them, but I think Eddie is heading for Hollywood and I suspect the show will 86 Brody before the finale. If they don't, he's welcome.

• Members

OL:

Viki, CLint, Dorian, Bo, and Nora. ("guest" appearances of Roxy and Echo).

Blair,Todd (RH),Tea, Thomas

Natalie,Brody,Jessica

Matthew,Destiny (appearances by Starr but limited).

Sean

No Rex/Shane/John/any Fords/Dani/Baz/Aubrey/Cutter/David

Bring back Joey, Kevin, Kelly.

I'd even take appearances of Cris (since he has ties to so many people, but not all the Vegas).

Archived