AMC: Actress to Y&R

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It will be interesting to see what Debbi does (if she has a chance to join webAMC). Thinking about it, I really wouldn't blame her if she stuck with Y&R ph34r.gif I'm sure it's a much better paying, steady job. Will she make a new home in Genoa City (where she'll be trashed and suddenly go poof in 2-3 months anyway, but still make more bank), or keep it locked in PV?

• Members

It might just work out scheduling-wise for her to be done with Y&R and be back on AMC within reasonable time for the transition. It would really be something if she was recurring on Y&R and with the assumed restructuring and diminished budget/schedule of AMC, she got the green light to do both. I know they both will want her for themselves and that is doubtful, but I would say, Go 'head Miss Debbi, make that paper!

• Members

I think she will stay with Y&R for now, as she's probably already signed on, and the AMC deal is still being developed. She will probably be at Y&R for a year at most, unless she singlehandedly manages to stop TBSL inspirations such as casting sitcom "stars" who put on whatchutalkinboutNeil accents, and giving characters like Devon stories that seem to be lifted from a Taboo film. If she does manage to stop that then I hope she stays at Y&R for a long time.

• Members

Regarding Debbi staying at WebAMC versus going to Y&R, I think it depends heavily on whether Prospect Park has also obtained the contracts of the actors as well as the "brand"/shows alone.

IF they DID get the contracts, Debbi may not HAVE a choice and may have to remain with AMC. And that pertains to any actors who may have other offers - unless ABC and/or Prospect Park have cleared him or her to move on.

• Members

Wendy, I think ABC/Prospect would be in a heap of legal trouble pulling a fast one like that. The actors will have a choice to stay or go, and with some exceptions, I'm sure they wouldn't mind some people going who can be replaced with cheaper talent (or not at all with a trimmed down cast). I'm still really curious about how AFTRA is going to handle his.

• Members

Random post but i always wanted more family for Neil(Outside of Malcolm) like a (long lost) sister...or how about a parent(s) showing up in town etc?! Where are Neil and Mal's parents anyway? :huh: Not saying Debbie will be their mama, just a idea i've wanted to see happen.

Back on topic: I have a terrible feeling Mrs. Morgan will be shelved like the rest of the Winter's, but i am still kind of looking forward to this. Let's hope MAB doesn't mess this up! (She will! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Archived