AMC: Actress to Y&R

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So rumor has it that Morgan is going to be playing Yolanda. Yes the same role Cherie Lawson played. Its interesting they never even had her on the air when she filed for custody for Anna only for her to disappear. Go figure.

Anyways it doesn't surprise me that Y&R has nabbed another big name star. I've never seen her soap work, I'm more familiar with Morgan from her non soap work (ie Charmed, The Hurricane etc.) and I like her but this going to go the way of whats happened to Francis, Nichols, Rogers, West etc.

• Members

Yolanda. The mother of Devon and i guess now ex-lover of Tucker. Strange but I guess I'll take it. I do think she's at least more needed than most of the other new characters brought on. They've been building this black cast and need someone strong to kick it in gear. Now they need to finally put Leslie on contract and start writing for her as well. They have an interesting group and each character is in a good place to now lead story.

• Members

I can't imagine Sofia or Malcolm leading anything, and Leslie is barely a presence at this point.

I hope it works out for Debbi, but when every single other big name they've hired has failed so badly, I don't know if she can be any exception. Having to share scenes with Stephen "Where am I? Who am I? Get me out of here!" Nichols won't help matters.

• Members

Interesting. I wonder what Yolanda has been up to the last few years and if Debbi will play her as still struggling with addiction. That could be some potentially strong material for her. I watched a little today. So I take it Tucker is with Ashley, right? An Ashley, Tucker, Yolanda triangle down the pike? :unsure: It will be interesting to see her scenes with Devon. I always thought he was kind of whiney and smirky playing the dramatic stuff with Yolanda, but I guess we'll see. I continue to be unimpressed with Sofia.

• Members

I completely agree that they need a strong actor to lead the "black cast". Totally agree. And hopefully Miz Morgan will be a lead character....

....my only problem is, will she "lead" as YOLONDA?! Sorry, but i'd prefer she be a NEW character over YoHo! Yolonda was a hot azz mess and honestly even with Morgan playing her, i don't see her as a "lead" character. Even when she was off screen and they mentioned her during the Tyra fiasco, she was still up to her old tricks. And wasn't she still on drugs?!

(Honestly, i know all will disagree, but i feel if given some good material JPM/Sofia could really shine. I really enjoy Sofia and i feel JPM has improved greatly. She still isn't the best ever, but i love Sofia regardless. *sigh* it won't happen.....)

Archived